Many students have study hall for at least one period of the day. however most kids just sit on their phones and do not work on work so what is the point of us being there, many students would like to go home during their study hall and they can't because they have to get signed out, students should be able to leave during there study halls so they have free time in between classes to refocus ourselves During the school day the administration is responsible for the safety of all students In order to fulfill this responsibility the administration feels it necessary to monitor students from the time they arrive at school to the time they get home

Students are currently expected to stay in study hall because the administration believes study hall encourages productivity and ensures students’ safety allowing responsible students to go home during study hall would allow them to use their periods more efficiently students who need to write essays or work on projects would be able to do so in a quiet space with familiar computers and materials. Students participating in after-school activities can get a head-start on their homework and save valuable time.  

While student safety is perhaps a more valid concern than student productivity responsible upperclassmen can be expected to accept liability for themselves while off-campus. in terms of legal responsibility, a system can easily be put in place to release the school of accountability for a student’s safety while he or she is off campus. It is important to remember that an off-campus privilege would be more precise than a privilege.

Do you think students should be able to leave during study hall? 

Do you think this could improve engagement while the teachers teach?

https://bphawkeye.org/editorial-2/2016/10/25/students-should-be-allowed-to-leave-during-study-hall-or-lunch/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think lower classmen should be able to leave during study hall. I dont understand why we cant. Becuase if students dont have anything to work on and arnt failing any classes then we should be able to leave. I think we should also be able to leave for lunch because the school lunch it bad. 

• I think you should be able to leave during study hall. Almost everyone sits on their phone anyways so I think if your grades are up then you should be able to leave. This could also teach us time managment

•  I personally think students should be able to leave during study hall. During my study hall period, I sit on my phone instead of doing any work. As long as grades are passing students should be allowed to leave during free periods. 

• I don't think that underclassman should be able to leave for study hall. I think that underclassman are much to immature to not get in trouble. Also most of the time students would forget to get back in time.

• I think students should be able to leave during study hall because it's boring if you don't have something to do. I think the only people that should be able to leave are people who have a driver's license. I think it will improve engagement wehile the teachers teach because if people go home and take a nap they will come back and won't be as tired.

• Yes, I think that high school students should have an open campus during study hall. I think it is your own fault if you are behind in a class and wasting your study hall time for open campus. Getting an open campus could improve our engagement. This could help us getting ready for the real world, by knowing time management and how to use the extra given time to have study hall and to study. 

• I think that if upperclassmen students have high grades or a high GPA they should be able to leave. I think that would help increase grades in schools. Also if you are caught up on homework and have none you would just be on your phone anyways wasting the hour.

• I think that underclassmen should be able to have an open campus, as long as their grades are good. Especially at the end of the day. If you have an 8th-hour study hall and no homework, what's the point of staying in school? Other study hall periods can also be used for getting a quick meal, which can be beneficial if you are really hungry. 

• I think if they have good grades then they should be able to leave during studdy all because its just better lo leave if you dont really have anything to do and you have good grades then it should be alright.

• I think that students should be able to leave for study hall. I think that they should only be able to leave if they have good grades in their classes. If students are late to their classes then they will have a punishment for being late. If they keep being late then they should not be able to leave for a couple of weeks or months.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker