Many students have study hall for at least one period of the day. however most kids just sit on their phones and do not work on work so what is the point of us being there, many students would like to go home during their study hall and they can't because they have to get signed out, students should be able to leave during there study halls so they have free time in between classes to refocus ourselves During the school day the administration is responsible for the safety of all students In order to fulfill this responsibility the administration feels it necessary to monitor students from the time they arrive at school to the time they get home

Students are currently expected to stay in study hall because the administration believes study hall encourages productivity and ensures students’ safety allowing responsible students to go home during study hall would allow them to use their periods more efficiently students who need to write essays or work on projects would be able to do so in a quiet space with familiar computers and materials. Students participating in after-school activities can get a head-start on their homework and save valuable time.  

While student safety is perhaps a more valid concern than student productivity responsible upperclassmen can be expected to accept liability for themselves while off-campus. in terms of legal responsibility, a system can easily be put in place to release the school of accountability for a student’s safety while he or she is off campus. It is important to remember that an off-campus privilege would be more precise than a privilege.

Do you think students should be able to leave during study hall? 

Do you think this could improve engagement while the teachers teach?

https://bphawkeye.org/editorial-2/2016/10/25/students-should-be-allowed-to-leave-during-study-hall-or-lunch/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with this we should have all passing grades for this to apply and I think that if there grades arent passing then they shouldn't be able to go 

• I personally think that juniors should be able to leave during study hall. At that age kids are mature enough and responsible to leave for an hour. I think this could imporve engagement while teachers teach because students would have an hour to rest and they would be more concentrated.

• I think that underclassmen should be able to leave for study hall. I think that as long as their grades are up and are doing good in class they shouldn't have to sit in study hall. I think that this could improve engagement while the teachers teach because that is just the way people are.

• I do think that we should be able to leave for study halls as long as our grades are good and our work is done for all classes. I also feel that the more mature students that can handle having an open campus are put down by those who caused us to not have that option. 

• I agree with this, if we have passing grades and all of our work is done, however yes it could mature students during school

• I think that underclassmen should be able to leave for study hall as long as their grades are good and they are good in the rest of their classes.  For some freshman  It can be hard to find a way to go back to school once gone. I think that only juniors and seniors should be able to have an open campus if they have high enough grades. 

• I think that underclass men should be able to leave for study hall as long as their grades are good and they are good in the rest of their classes. I think that this could improve engagement while the teachers teach because that is just the way people are.

• I think that if you have all work over with and are not needed for anything in classes, you should be able to leave as long as your over the age of 16. I do not think that kids need to leave if they are under the age of 16. It is hard to find a way to go back to school once gone.

• I agree with this if we have all of our work done that we should be able to leave, however, yes if we arent 16 then we shouldn't be able to leave

• I think that the system that our school is doing right now it is working and not very many people complain that much. I think that only juniors and seniors should be able to have open campus if they have high enough grades. You have to work to be able to have open campus.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker