I think that trans people should not be able to compete. I think this because of how much of a disadvantage there could be to the other genders. How it can ruin people's careers. I think another reason is because of how many scandals could go on. Finally because it is just not fair for the other people participating in said competitions.

I believe that trans powerlifting athletes should not compete because what would happen if a man says he is a woman and goes into a lifting competition and destroys all the other athletes. Think about how much time and effort all those other athletes put in just to be shown up by a man who says he is a woman. I do not think that is fair to the other competitors.

Almost a couple of weeks ago there was a news article about how a male powerlifter and personal trainer entered into a womens powerlifter competition. The trainer was trying to prove a point by going into a competition as identifying as a woman supposedly. He was trying to prove that most powerlifting competitions allow competitors to enter in what they want to be self identified as like how he self identifies as a “women”. When he entered into the competition he smashed every record by at least 100 pounds he beat the women's powerlifting record of 275 pounds and changed it to now 375 pounds and the same goes on for the rest of the lifts.

In the end after he won the entire competition the very next day he switched back to identifying as male man who competes in MALE competitions. This is why I think that it is totally unfair to the other competitors because they can stroll up and beat everyone there then just switch back like nothing happened.

Do you think trans altheltes should compete why or why not?

what would you do in this situation?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This is only one case of this happening, where someone transgender detransitioned only to go back into male powerlifting. I think the entire trans-sports argument is stupid. Who cares if someone does something better than someone else, get better. Sports are not that important, promise.

• I see where you are coming from saying that this is only one case and that is true but I made this post because what if this is not the only case and then more and more people start to take advanage of the rules. I have to dissagree with the "get better" statment because most people can only reach a certain amout of strength or speed before thier body tears and like I said this can differ from person to perosn because a female might not have the ablilaty to reach a certain strength level that a male can get too.

• It is unfair to the biological females who trained hard for the competitions.  Transgender people still have hormones going through their bodies. I think that this is basically cheating. They have hormones that have the ability to make them stronger and the other competitors don't have that.

• I do not belive that trans should be able to compete if its not with their biological gender.

• I don't think transgender athletes should be able to participate in powerlifting competitions or any sports, especially if they transferred to a female. Then they have an unfair advantage and its not fair to the people to have worked hard to get where theyre at. 

• I think that transgender people should be allowed to compete in power lifting competitions. However, I think that they should have to compete with their fellow biological gender if that makes any sense. If a man turns into a woman, that person should have to compete as a man.

• I agree with you that they should not be able to go againts the opposite gender I think that they should just stick to thier original gender inorder to not mess anything up.

• I do not think that they should be able to compete because it makes it unfair. Even if theses weirdos think that they are a woman and are lifting as a woman, they still are a man, and guys generally are just stronger than women so that is not right. In this situation, i'd ban any trans people from competing in any sports at all to maybe help these people realize what they are doing is wrong.

• I agree with you because it just makes it unfair for the other people and like you said men are generally stronger then women in most cases so them being able to swich make it very difficult for them to compete.

• I don't think that transgender people should be allowed to play a sport that's the opposite of their original gender. There's clearly a strength difference, that's just how it works. If I had to compete with someone who was transgender I wouldn't play because it's unfair.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker