I think that trans people should not be able to compete. I think this because of how much of a disadvantage there could be to the other genders. How it can ruin people's careers. I think another reason is because of how many scandals could go on. Finally because it is just not fair for the other people participating in said competitions.

I believe that trans powerlifting athletes should not compete because what would happen if a man says he is a woman and goes into a lifting competition and destroys all the other athletes. Think about how much time and effort all those other athletes put in just to be shown up by a man who says he is a woman. I do not think that is fair to the other competitors.

Almost a couple of weeks ago there was a news article about how a male powerlifter and personal trainer entered into a womens powerlifter competition. The trainer was trying to prove a point by going into a competition as identifying as a woman supposedly. He was trying to prove that most powerlifting competitions allow competitors to enter in what they want to be self identified as like how he self identifies as a “women”. When he entered into the competition he smashed every record by at least 100 pounds he beat the women's powerlifting record of 275 pounds and changed it to now 375 pounds and the same goes on for the rest of the lifts.

In the end after he won the entire competition the very next day he switched back to identifying as male man who competes in MALE competitions. This is why I think that it is totally unfair to the other competitors because they can stroll up and beat everyone there then just switch back like nothing happened.

Do you think trans altheltes should compete why or why not?

what would you do in this situation?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• yes I agree that males are gentically more stronger then women most of the time and I like how you brough in a EMS example.

• I don't think that transgender athletes should be ridiculed for choosing the sports category with the gender that they identify with, but I also think that it's unfair to biological women if a trans woman is competing alongside them. I think that there should be a category for transgender athletes so that we don't run into these problems in the future.

• I agree on a lot with what Katie said I also see it as a difference in biology men are typically stronger than women and that is why there are two different divisions for powerlifting one for men and one for women but if a transgender woman signs up for powerlifting in the women's division there should be no problem maybe it can motivate women to do better than them instead of letting that hold them back. The same goes for transgender males if they sign up for the men's division them being trans should not hold them back from doing well in the competition it should motivate them to do better.  In my opinion, at the end of the day, we all bleed the same and the only thing that holds us back is us because of insecurities and bullying. I love everyone equally no matter your gender or sexuality or anything in between and I think that getting worked up over pointless things is not going to matter in the end.

• No I think it is unfair to the girls that worked hard to get to wear they want to go. Some may think its like taking roids but I think that men should stay in mens and girls should stay girls. I think when this happens we should take them out even if it hurts their feelsings. 

• yes agree that the girls in the division have probbaly have worked super hard to ge where they are then a dude walks up and destroys all of them with in a few seconds.

• No I don't think trans athletes should be allowed to compete in power lifting competitions. I think it's 100% unfair since when you're born a male and whether you want to be a male or not males can be stronger than women and have an advantage when it comes to competing in lifting things. 

• No, I do not think that trans people should be able to compete with the others. They should either have to compete in the section that they were biologically born. Because that is the only gender that they will ever be. If I was in charge of this I won't even let people become trans in the first place.

• I don't believe that trans athletes should be able to compete. I think those who do have an unfair advantage and can ruin a lot of other people's careers. They should compete in their real or original gender or simply don't compete at all. 

• I agree with what you said how they are at a unfair advanage and can destory a persons hard work and that they should compete in thier gender.

• Men and women do have bilogical factors that differenciate them. I feel as though people are making a big deal out of this because we want everyone to be ahead of the times. Everyone is being inclusive, but I am not going to be able to lift more than a boy the same weight and height as me. Men have a lot more upper body strength, and I consider it as a difference in biology.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker