I think that trans people should not be able to compete. I think this because of how much of a disadvantage there could be to the other genders. How it can ruin people's careers. I think another reason is because of how many scandals could go on. Finally because it is just not fair for the other people participating in said competitions.

I believe that trans powerlifting athletes should not compete because what would happen if a man says he is a woman and goes into a lifting competition and destroys all the other athletes. Think about how much time and effort all those other athletes put in just to be shown up by a man who says he is a woman. I do not think that is fair to the other competitors.

Almost a couple of weeks ago there was a news article about how a male powerlifter and personal trainer entered into a womens powerlifter competition. The trainer was trying to prove a point by going into a competition as identifying as a woman supposedly. He was trying to prove that most powerlifting competitions allow competitors to enter in what they want to be self identified as like how he self identifies as a “women”. When he entered into the competition he smashed every record by at least 100 pounds he beat the women's powerlifting record of 275 pounds and changed it to now 375 pounds and the same goes on for the rest of the lifts.

In the end after he won the entire competition the very next day he switched back to identifying as male man who competes in MALE competitions. This is why I think that it is totally unfair to the other competitors because they can stroll up and beat everyone there then just switch back like nothing happened.

Do you think trans altheltes should compete why or why not?

what would you do in this situation?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I dont think they should be able to. Man are typically much stronger than women. I feel that if a transgender person used to be a male they would have a unfair advantage. But im not sure. Interesting topic. 

• I think that trans athletes should not be able to compete in normal competitions because they can have a lot of advantage and ruin other people's careers. I think they should or compete in their original gender or make a diferent type of competition for them. 

• I agree that they should not compete because the women have a lot of disadvantages and can ruin other peoples carees.

• I dont think trans should be able to compete in opposite sex. If you were born a female and you turned to a male, you should not be able to compete in males sports same with being born a male and turning into a female. i dont think its fair becasue men and women are better at different things

• I think this is a very touchy subject because trans people will sometimes have attributes of their previous gender, like testosterone.  Since these people can have increased strength, they should not be able to compete in professional sports, when money or statistics are on the line. They should however be able to compete in casual sports, where there is nothing on the line.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker