I think that trans people should not be able to compete. I think this because of how much of a disadvantage there could be to the other genders. How it can ruin people's careers. I think another reason is because of how many scandals could go on. Finally because it is just not fair for the other people participating in said competitions.

I believe that trans powerlifting athletes should not compete because what would happen if a man says he is a woman and goes into a lifting competition and destroys all the other athletes. Think about how much time and effort all those other athletes put in just to be shown up by a man who says he is a woman. I do not think that is fair to the other competitors.

Almost a couple of weeks ago there was a news article about how a male powerlifter and personal trainer entered into a womens powerlifter competition. The trainer was trying to prove a point by going into a competition as identifying as a woman supposedly. He was trying to prove that most powerlifting competitions allow competitors to enter in what they want to be self identified as like how he self identifies as a “women”. When he entered into the competition he smashed every record by at least 100 pounds he beat the women's powerlifting record of 275 pounds and changed it to now 375 pounds and the same goes on for the rest of the lifts.

In the end after he won the entire competition the very next day he switched back to identifying as male man who competes in MALE competitions. This is why I think that it is totally unfair to the other competitors because they can stroll up and beat everyone there then just switch back like nothing happened.

Do you think trans altheltes should compete why or why not?

what would you do in this situation?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• yes I agree because they should just compete in thier original gender and not mess up what the other sports are doing.

• No I don't think that they should compete because it isn't right or fair. Biological males will always be stronger because of genetics and it isn't right for them to compete with girls at all and it could be dangerous. They should compete as the biological gender they are not what they identify as. It isn't fair. 

• Absolutely not. I don't think that it is fair in any way for transgenders to compete in powerlifting. Men are biologically stronger than women, which would make it super unfair. I don't even think it should be up for debate, some man could easily change genders and set a world record lift.

• No I dont think tans athelets should beable to join powerlifting activites or sproting activites as a differnt jender. I think if they want to powerlift or play sports they have to play as their bioligical gender or they should not get to be able to play.

• Transgender people should not be able to compete in powerlifting competitions. Men are built so much different than women. They are typically stronger than women, so they will most likely beat all the women in powerlifting competitions, therefore, it is not fair for them to compete with women.

• I agree that men are just built much stronger then women and then that thierfore makes it unfair for men to compete in the womens devison.

• I think that transgender people should not be able to compete in powerlifting competitions if they are going in as thier new gender. Maybe if they went in as thier birth gender it would be okay. But it is not fair to for a "women" with way more ability to gain muscle then an acual women. I would ban the man or women trying to compete in this competition becuase it simply isnt fair.

• I agree with you that they should not compete because it is not fair to the women that worked so hard to get their and then a male shows up and destroys all of thier hard work instantly.

• No, I do not think that transgender people should be able to compete in powerlifting competitions. I don't think they should for any sport. If you want to be trans, you can be trans but you should have to compete or do sports in the gender you were born, I think it is very unfair for especially girls.

• I don't think that trans athletes should be allowed to power lift. Genetically, males are built differently than females. If there was an EMS and a transgender female was in an ambulance, and she said "I think I'm having a miscarriage", and she has male parts. They aren't going to waste time to see if they are having a miscarriage. They know something else is wrong. Because GENETICALLY, males cannot have children. They don't have the parts for that. Women do.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker