Should There Be More Gun Control?

Should buying a gun be harder than it already is? Today there are a couple of steps to purchasing a pre-built manufactured weapon. Either you have to have a permit to carry or a permit to acquire. Though you do not need the permits. You will have to complete a NICS(National Instant Criminal Background Check System) form each time you purchase a firearm.

To get either permit you will have to go to your county sheriff's office to fill out a form. If you choose not to get the permits you can take the NICS form before the purchase. The NICS is a background check created by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993. That is before you are able to purchase a firearm. During the process of getting a firearm though you have to fill out Form 4473. This form was created by the ATF (The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) on January 16, 2017. It is a six-page form that you need to sign every time you buy a weapon from an FFL (Federal Firearms Licensed dealer). After purchasing a firearm, the individual needs to be 18+ to purchase any ammo for the weapon.

In my opinion, I think that there should not be more gun control. I think this because it is starting to become unconstitutional. People should be able to own and bear firearms. Adding more laws to limit the number of people to own weapons. I think owning the permits and having background checks is a little much but is needed to lessen the number of deaths and accidents. 

Do you think that there should be more gun control? Why?

Would you own a gun in the future?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control 

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revisions 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think there should be more gun control, and that it is fine the way it is. Most of the time, shootings happen because of the parents and where they put the guns. It is our right to own guns and they shouldn't take that away. I will be owning a gun in the future because you just never know. I may need it for protection with the way some people are acting now. 

• In my opion I believe that the gun control in the world today is perfect. Most people that use a gun today is either for self defence or they use it for hunting. There are less and less shooting that happen today then the last couple of years. I feel like we are more protected in todays world. 

• I agree that gun control is good the way it is at the moment but I think that it should be adjusted a bit. I also agree that most people use guns for self-defense and for hunting. I feel that the world is safer than it was a couple of years ago.

• I don’t think that we should have more gun control. Most people use guns for self defense and if we have more gun control some people won’t be able to use them for safety. I can see why some people want more gun control because some guns can get into the bad hands.

• I agree that we do not need more gun control. I agree that most people use guns primarily for self-defense which is their constitutional right. It wouldn't be right to take that away someone's safety away. A lot of people are worried that guns end up in bad hands because the news only brings out the bad and not the good of guns.

• I don't think we should push for more gun control, guns are used for saftey in most cases and I think people would get very upset if this did happen. People should be able to bear firearms but I think that the background checks are necessary just so guns aren't getting into the wrong peoples hands. I do think that I will own a gun in the future for many different reasons. 

• I think that it depends, sometimes it is good to have strict gun control but at the same time it does not stop things like school shootings, so I think that right now it is a good amount of strict and relaxed. gun control can be good.

• I dont think they should push it for gun controk becasue there is already a lot going on and its going to start becoming unconstitutional. My family owns guns and they arent used for anything but saftey, I will carry a gun when i have my own house becasue this world is turing into bad things

• I believe there should be more gun control. I own a gun and will continue to own one in the future. I stand by the second amendment and believe guns shouldn't be taken away unless crime or theft is going on. Other people want guns for protection or self-defense.

• I agree that there should be a little bit more gun control. Owning a gun is a fun experience and good for protecting yourself as long as you have the right intentions. I feel that instead of adding more restrictions the government should adjust the restrictions we already have to ensure that guns end up in good hands.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker