Should There Be More Gun Control?

Should buying a gun be harder than it already is? Today there are a couple of steps to purchasing a pre-built manufactured weapon. Either you have to have a permit to carry or a permit to acquire. Though you do not need the permits. You will have to complete a NICS(National Instant Criminal Background Check System) form each time you purchase a firearm.

To get either permit you will have to go to your county sheriff's office to fill out a form. If you choose not to get the permits you can take the NICS form before the purchase. The NICS is a background check created by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993. That is before you are able to purchase a firearm. During the process of getting a firearm though you have to fill out Form 4473. This form was created by the ATF (The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) on January 16, 2017. It is a six-page form that you need to sign every time you buy a weapon from an FFL (Federal Firearms Licensed dealer). After purchasing a firearm, the individual needs to be 18+ to purchase any ammo for the weapon.

In my opinion, I think that there should not be more gun control. I think this because it is starting to become unconstitutional. People should be able to own and bear firearms. Adding more laws to limit the number of people to own weapons. I think owning the permits and having background checks is a little much but is needed to lessen the number of deaths and accidents. 

Do you think that there should be more gun control? Why?

Would you own a gun in the future?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control 

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revisions 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I kind of agree that there doesn't need to be more gun control. I agree that there are a lot of restrictions at the time being, but there are a lot of bad people that end up with guns. I agree that guns are good for protection and are fun to hunt with

• I believe that we should have a little more gun control. I think the government should take our gun rights away, but still have a little more restrictions. I would own a gun in the future but prob wouldn't use it that often because I don't like to hunt.

• I do think there should be more gun control. I feel that it's too easy to own a weapon. This leads to terribly dangerous situations like school shootings and other things. I feel that if there was more gun control it would help prevent crazy people form hurting others.  I do not like guns. I feel they are very dangerous and more gun control is needed. 

• I think that there should be more gun control but I don't think that guns should be taken away. This would make less accidents but still give people the opportunity to have things to protect themselves against danger. I personally would own a gun in the future in order to protect myself against harm.

• I agree that there should be a little bit more gun control, but guns shouldn't be taken away. I also agree that more gun control would lead to fewer accidents and murders throughout the world. As long as someone has good intentions they should be able to have a gun to protect themselves.

• I don't think that there should be more gun control because people should have the right to protect themselves. Whether this is with weapons or other ways it would differentiate. I think I will own a gun in the future because it will help me protect myself and my family.

• I agree that there shouldn't be much more control than there already is. Guns would help a lot of people protect themselves from bad people. This wouldn't be a problem if guns did not land in the hands of people with bad intentions though.

• I think its a fair trade if we were to make it a little harder to get a gun and keep the right to bear arms. Since basically anyone can own a gun, I think it would be smart to add another step or two to get one. I will probably own a gun when I move out because I think its smart that all young women have some sort of weapon. 

• I agree there should be more gun control because it would prevent many accidents and deaths. It would also ensure that people that own guns are going to do a good use of them. I don't think I would own a gun in the future because I don't think I would ever use it. 

• Yes, I think there should be more gun control. Because, many criminals and gangs are able to just go out and buy a gun. I also think there should be more things you should have to do to get a gun. I personally dont think guns are what kill people its the idiots behind them. I will definetly buy many guns when im older. Because, I think its the best thing to protect youself. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker