Should the Paparazzi be banned?

The origin of the paparazzi dates back to the late 1950s. A group of photographers took to the streets of Rome and began taking photos of cinema stars and celebs.  Magazines and newspapers began to seek out these  private, not staged, photos of celebrities.  People and magazines paid good money for these photos and so the paparazzi grew and grew. The question however is, Should paparazzi be legal? 

Over the years many celebrities have raged on paparazzi and asked it to be banned. Many believe it is an invasion of privacy. While others argue that it would go against the 1st amendment , freedom of press. While taking a few pictures may seem harmless, some instances have gone too far. One example is Linsey Lohan in 2005. She was going to make a u turn when a man rammed into her vehicle just to try and get a picture of her. The photographer was later arrested. Another incident was in 2019, A paparazzi member was running after a car that was believed to be driving around Justin bieber. The man was so focused on getting a photo that he ran into the road and was hit by a SUV and died. Another problem that has arised with paparazzi is celebrities' children being targeted. Blake lively came out and spoke about her children being stalked by the paparazzi. Many of celeberties children have been severely targeted, stalked, and had there picutres sold. While it is perfectly legal to photograph anyone, California enforced a law that made it a misdemeanor to photograph celebrities' kids in 2013. 

Overall, I believe paparazzi should be banned, I feel that at certain events they should be able to take Photos but other than that they should respect celebs' privacy. It is ridiculous that celebrities cannot have a moment of privacy in public. I also think its disguidting how papaprazzi aims to get innopropriate pictures of celebs. 

Do you think that paparazzi should be banned? 11072636298?profile=RESIZE_400x

Should it be legal to take pictures of celebrities' children? 

Would you rage on the paparazzi for following you? 

https://medium.com/knowledge-stew/the-origin-of-the-paparazzi-9ac131d2b740

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paparazzi

https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/1249/paparazzi#:~:text=These%20laws%20stipulated%20criminal%20penalties,the%20paparazzi%20led%20to%20death. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree.

• I think they should be banned to some extent. If the celebrity tells them, don't do it, they should get a huge fine and face jail time, but having the paparazzi there also helps boost the celebrity's popularity. I think it all depends on the person. 

• I agree. 

• I think that the paparazzi should be illegal.  If the celebrity is posing for/encouraging the picture, than it would be fine, but taking involuntary pictures is a complete invasion of privacy. I definetly would get upset with the paparazzi. I like to think that I would be able to get restraining orders.

• I think they should just ask for consent. 

• I think paparazzi needs to be banned becasue of how much they invade all the famous peoples lives. I think It should be illgal to take pitchures of celebrities kids without parent concent. I dont think I would do anything if the paparazzi was following me.

• They do invade there privacy big time. 

• paparazzi should be banned baecause how much thay invade the lives on many people and children and they cant even have a say in it so i beleive it should be banned

• I agree with you. It should be banned. 

• i think paparazzi should be banned, if i was a celebrity i would not like pictures taken of me, my children, or family. ni think its disrespectful and annoying. i dont think they should be able to invade on their privacy, and i dont think celebrities should have to hide from those people

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker