Militaries have increasingly opened combat roles to women, but there have been some critics warning this will lower standards and effectiveness. There has been historical evidence suggesting integrating women into combat roles would not impact effectiveness, and perhaps even increase it under certain circumstances. There has been study done that Women are more effective in some circumstances than men. Allowing women to serve in combat roles doubles the talent pool for delicate and sensitive jobs that require interpersonal skills not every soldier has. Women should be able to serve in combat roles if they can pass phsyical test like mens can. There is also talk that women are not as physical as most women are.

There are many different pros and cons. That all women are not physically capable like men are. There has been a study that women suffer higher injury rates. Also another con is that getting pregnant can affect the deployability. Another con is that women say they are capable of all of physically, mentally, morally capable of leading combat operations when they're not. Pro is that it gives women leadership and team building skills.

https://sistersinarms.ca/history/women-in-combat-pros-and-cons/

https://www.isidewith.com/poll/1613615491

Do you think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles?

Do you think women are capable to handle all the requirement?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• In my opinion women should be allowed to serve in combar roles. As long as they are enough trained for it they should be as capable as men to do it. I personally think women are capable to handle all the requirements.

• I agree with women should be allowed to serve in combat roles. I also agree they should be trained for it they should be capable as men.  I also agree if the women are capable to handle the requirement then they should be allowed to fight for our freedom.

• I think women should be able to serve in combat roles. Women are capeable of doing anything a man can do. I did watch this youtube video that he thinks that women shouldnt be in combat roles because  they have lowered the standards to get in the millitary. 

• I think that women can do what they want like join the military but they should also know that it comes with risks. I think that they can handle it as long as they are trained right and listen properly as any person in the military.

• I agree with you i think women can do what they would want in the military. Like you also said they should know it comes with bunch of risks. I also agree with you if they think they can handle the training and requirement let them handle it. 

• I think that women should be able to serve in combat roles, but I think they should choose if they want to or not. I think that women should be able to serve in combat if they want to because they can do whatever they put their mind to. 

• I agree with I think women should be able to serve in combat roles, I also agree with you they should be able to choose what they want to or not. I also think women should be able to serve in combat if they want.

• I think if a women wants to serve in combat she should be able to. I think women can do combat. I do think women are capable to handle all the requirments. 

• In my opion women who join the military they should have a choice if they want to be in combat or not. I personlly know someone who trained to become a soilder in combat but once she got into the military she couldn't. They should be allowed to enter if they want to.

• I agree with you I think women who join the military they should have a choice if they want to be in combat or not. I also think if you can't handle all the training then don't sign up for it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker