Should teens be able to go on birth control?

Birth control is an oral contraceptive drug that women all over the world take. It prevents pregnancy and helps with other things women struggle with.. However many don't take  birth control. Some parents do not allow their children to take it. I had many positives and negatives.

To start, there are many disadvantages to birth control. For example about 9 out of 100 people taking combination birth control pills will get pregnant in the first year of use. Taking the pill can cause birth defects, headaches, nausea, bloating, increased blood pressure and so much more. People also have to take the pill everyday at the same time, otherwise it will not work. Some people  believe that birth control promotes “sexual behaviors.” Another negative is the longer you take birth control the harder it is for you to get pregnant in the future. 

Birth Control  also has positives. Birth control raises the odds of getting some cancers,and  lowers other cancers. Studies show that individuals who take the pill have 30%-50% lower risk of ovarian cancer than others. The longer you take the pill the less likely you get this cancer. Another positive is obviously it prevents pregnancy and helps with acne, cramps, menstrual cycle, etc. The longer you take the pill the less chance to get pregnant later on in life. 

In conclusion, birth control has many positives and negatives. I believe that teens should be able to go on birth control. It helps with many things. 

Would you let your teenage girl go on birth control pills? 

Do you think birth control pills are useful or not useful? 

How old should you be to get on birth control? 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/adolescent-pregnancy

https://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/other-benefits-birth-control

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/birth-control-pill/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-birth-control-pill

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Personally I think that teens should be able to get birth control. Not only does birthcontrol help regulate your periods, but it can help with your acne. Many girls get it because their periods are very irregular. Birth control, of course, also helps avoiding pregnancy.

• i agree, it helps a lot with periods

• I think that teens should be able to use birth control, with parental permission. I think that not everyone uses it to prevent pregnancy, some girls are on it for many other reasons such as acne and periods. Sometimes it doesn't work so they still need to be cautious while on it.

• i agree, you cant take advantage of it 

• I thinks that teens should be able to go on birth control because it can help with many other things like acen and cramps too besides preventing a pregnancy. I also think that their doctors should still talk to them about the side effects, so the teens are aware about that. 

• i agree, i think we need a class about it so more girls are aware of side effects

• I think it is fine if they use it. I don't l know enough about it to have a big opion on it. They can do what they want if used the right way. I think it is useful not really sure but I am sure that it dose not alway work just like anything else that you use in life. 

• i agree, it doesnt always work so people need to be cautious about it but not everyone is on it for safe sex, lots of girls go on it for their periods or acne. 

• I think that any women should be able to take birth control. It's not just for avoiding pregnancy it also helps with periods, it can make periods less painful and better to manage with. Teenagers can do some things that could lead into pregnancy and they should be able to take birth control for that aswell.

• i agree, it helps with girls periods and other things

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker