Should Teachers Be Aloud To Say "no" To Using The Bathroom

If you go to college, you'll see in every room students just get up and leave class to use the bathroom. If you have meetings or jobs, you have to dismiss yourself and go. So why in school do you have to ask? And what happens when they say no? There could be many different excuses your teacher gives you like, “ You went yesterday”, “You both cant go”, “you just came from lunch”, “ you had before class”, or even just “cause I said no”. All of these “excuses” are not important. If someone has to go to the bathroom they can't control that. 

There are kids that try and go at the same time and mess around but even then, the teacher could have them go at different times. Or if there is already a kid in the bathroom, ask them to wait till they get back.  Saying no and asking a student to wait are two different things. If a teacher is in the middle of teaching they could ask you to wait till they're finished. When they straight up say no, you can't go at all. If a teacher says no and makes the child sit in class, the child could get a UTI by holding it in for so long. UTIs occur when bacteria makes their way into the urinary tract. That bacteria will sit and multiply and cause a very painful UTI. 

In my opinion, I think teachers should not be allowed to say no. Every student has the right to be able to go to the bathroom when they need to. I don't think there's really a  good reason for a teacher to straight up say no. It's something you can't control and will get painful if it's not fixed in a certain amount of time. I also think its important for girls on their cyces to be able to use the bathroom freely. 

Do you think teachers should be aloud to say no? If so why?

Can you think  of any good reasons a tecaher should say no? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think teachers can allow a student to deny using the restroom in their class. Although, I do think that a teacher can tell a student to wait until they are done teaching their lesson, or wait till the other person gets back from the restroom. The only reason I can think of if a teacher denying a kid to use the bathroom, is because they have overused their privilege and screw around in the bathroom. 

• I don't think that teachers should be aloud to say no to kids going to the bathroom. They don't know how bad you truly need to go. I understand that the kids would miss out on instruction but, teachers shouldn't be able to determine if you can go to the bathroom or not.

• I don't think teachers should be allowed to say no. I think that them saying "wait until im done" or "wait till the othet person gets back"  is ok. But saying no is unreasonable. Like for goodness sake let the kid go to the bathroom. They'll come back and if they don't and their messing around deal with it. 

• I agree, when they are just saying to wait, its differnt then straight up saying no completely. I also agree that when a kid is gone for like 5 minutes they will be back and probably miss less then if they were told no and were too distracted. 

• I believe that teachers should not be aloud to say no to a student needing to use the restroom. It is very unhealthy to hold that stuff in too. As a cross country runner, I am required to drink over a gallon of water every day. It can be very tough when teachers will constantly get annoyed by the fact that I need to use the restroom. 

• I agree, I think the water fountains are still down so basically every kid is carrying a water bottle. Its proven if your carrying water around with you, you drink more. 

• I do think that they should be able to say no if the children are interupting class.  That is the only time that they should be able to say no.  Probably more than half of the time that kids ask to use the bathroom it is not an emergancy but I still think that the teachers should let them go as long as it is reasonable.

• Unless under certain circumstances, I believe that teachers should not be aloud to say no to students going to the bathroom. The only reasons that they should so no to student if they are going to miss something very important or if the teacher knows that the students are messing around in the bathroom. But, the students should be responsible and try and go before class or during an unimportant part of class.

• I can see where your coming from but 3 minutes is not enough time to go to the bathroom and still get to class on time. However I do agree that the teacher can say to wait if they are gonna go over something important. 

• I think that every student should have the right to go to the bath even if they are taking a test. But I also think that the students should of used it before class started.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker