Should Students have their phones during school?

Ever since phones came to the world teachers have been strict to students to not have their phones in their backpack or pocket over the years. Some schools don’t even let their phones go into the classroom and they have to put their phone in their lockers. Today, the widespread use of cell phones in society and among teens has pushed districts to examine general bans. Most now allow students to carry cell phones with them to school but have put policies in place that limit their use to varying degrees during the school day. 

Some districts differ most notably in their approach to the use of cell phones in the classroom and the extent to which there are various parts that are linked up together into a phone which is what we have now. Some people who oppose allowing cell phones in the classroom argue that they cause a distraction in the class and can also be used for things like cheating, but the people that support cell phones in the classroom point to the educational potential of this tech, which allows students to solve math problems, take class notes, create digital media for projects depending on the class, and among other things. Also the phones don’t belong to the schools and that the students shouldn’t have to put their phones up since it’s their own property. 

In my opinion, I think that students shouldn’t put their phones in their locker or in a pouch depending on what school you go to and they should have their phone in their pocket or backpack and they use it for when they need it for class and they can handle it too. I also think that they shouldn’t put their phone in their locker or pouches because it’s their property and some people will be mad and that they shouldn’t put their phones up since it’s their property.

Should students have their phone during class?

Does it help the student work in class better?

https://scienceandliteracy.org/why-should-students-be-allowed-to-use-cell-phones-in-class/

https://student-tutor.com/blog/cell-phones-in-school/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you because students can make their own decisions and it's their fault if they don't pay attention to class.

• I think cell phones distract students. I think that its better to keep the phones in the backpacks or atlest in their pocket until class is over. I don't think it helps students work in class better. It could possibly make the student want to cheat.

• I agree with you because if something happens then they can contact who they need to contact.

• I think students should be able to have their phones as long as the teacher isn't doing a lesson or trying to explain something. If you're just sitting in class bored I think you should be able to have your phone. as long as they get their work done and our respect. 

• I agree with you because if you're on your phone during the lesson or explaining something then they shouldn't be on their phone.

• I think that students should be allowed to have their phones during class, but I don't think they should be allowed to use them. If students aren't on their phones during class, then they will work better, but they should still be allowed to carry them.

• I agree with you because what would happen if there is an emergency like a fire or something then if they have their phone then they can contact someone.

• Yes and no. Think that we should get have phones. Incase of emergencys it can useful. but I think that during test we should not have so they won't cheat.

• I do think that students should be able to have their phones during class in case of an emergency. It would be easier access to your phone when there is a fire or a tornado and you need your phone to contact people to tell them you're fine. 

• I agree with you because if there's a fire or something then they can contact whoever they need to then they'll be fine.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker