Should Students have their phones during school?

Ever since phones came to the world teachers have been strict to students to not have their phones in their backpack or pocket over the years. Some schools don’t even let their phones go into the classroom and they have to put their phone in their lockers. Today, the widespread use of cell phones in society and among teens has pushed districts to examine general bans. Most now allow students to carry cell phones with them to school but have put policies in place that limit their use to varying degrees during the school day. 

Some districts differ most notably in their approach to the use of cell phones in the classroom and the extent to which there are various parts that are linked up together into a phone which is what we have now. Some people who oppose allowing cell phones in the classroom argue that they cause a distraction in the class and can also be used for things like cheating, but the people that support cell phones in the classroom point to the educational potential of this tech, which allows students to solve math problems, take class notes, create digital media for projects depending on the class, and among other things. Also the phones don’t belong to the schools and that the students shouldn’t have to put their phones up since it’s their own property. 

In my opinion, I think that students shouldn’t put their phones in their locker or in a pouch depending on what school you go to and they should have their phone in their pocket or backpack and they use it for when they need it for class and they can handle it too. I also think that they shouldn’t put their phone in their locker or pouches because it’s their property and some people will be mad and that they shouldn’t put their phones up since it’s their property.

Should students have their phone during class?

Does it help the student work in class better?

https://scienceandliteracy.org/why-should-students-be-allowed-to-use-cell-phones-in-class/

https://student-tutor.com/blog/cell-phones-in-school/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think students should be able to use their phone in class if the teacher alllows them to. Cellphone won't help students work in class but would do the complete opposite. Students shouldn't have to put their phone somewhere special, they should be able to keep it on them.

• I agree with you because if it's the students property then they shouldn't have to put it somwhere special where the techers wants it and they should be able to keep their phones.

• I think that students should be allowed to have their phones in class. Not all students try to cheat on simply just use it during class. Punishments for using phones in class should be given to the person who misbehaves and not the entire school. I don’t think that taking phones makes students work better. Students should have the chance to be trusted instead of just having to give up their phones.

• I agree with you because you're supposed to trust the student and you should be able to have you phone during class and not the whole school should get the punishment and it should be just the person.

• I think that students should be able to keep their phones on them as long as they aren't on them during class. I think that the students that follow the rules should be rewarded, otherwise everyone is punished for something not every student does. I would help with other students taking their phone as well.

• I agree with you because students will listen and keep their phone in their bag or pocket then they should get a reward for that.

• I agree with you becaue it depends on the teacher and the school but some people can put there phone in there bag and keep it there. SOme people will sneak the phone out and use it when they are not supposed to.

• I agree with you because students won't even out their phone up and they would get in trouble and they would have to go put it in the office if they didn't listen the first time.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker