Should students have an open campus? First of all, what is an open campus? Open campus is when students have the freedom to go out of school during lunch or during study hall depending on what their principal says. Some schools during the semester test have every grade have open campus but some schools have junior and seniors only have open campus during the semester test. Some schools may not allow open campus during semester tests for any grade at all and I think that it is unfair to the junior and seniors that don’t get open campus because it’s their last year or two years and they can’t have freedom. 

Some people say that there shouldn’t be open campus for every grade because the underclassmen will take it for granted and will ruin it for everyone but I think that they should only have sophomores, juniors, and seniors have open campus but not year-round. I think that sophomores and juniors should have it for 3rd and 4th quarters and not year round and I think that seniors should have it year-round. It also might help the students more and not get so stressed and not having to stay in school for like 7-8 hours. Even though some underclassmen may want it and they might not ruin I still think that they shouldn’t have open campus and it also helps other food stores or restaurants because some students might want something else than school lunch because they might not like the school lunch. 

I believe that people should have a chance but I think that the good underclassmen and know they won’t ruin it for everybody should get open campus during semester tests because I do feel like if every underclassmen get open campus they will ruin it for everyone. I also think that if you have one F you shouldn’t get open campus and work with the teacher to get the grade up at least for you can get open campus. I think some underclassmen are cable of it but some also isn’t cable of it and I think that sophomores can handle it. 

In my opinion, I think that sophomores, juniors, and seniors should have open campus because they can handle it but I think that underclassmen shouldn’t have open campus because some of them will ruin it or can’t handle it and I think that if freshmen do have open campus then I think that the good freshman should have open campus that can handle it but as long as they have good grades and no F’s. I think that if they try to get their grades up then I think that they should get open campus and as long as they have their grades us then they should have open campus. 

Do you think that freshmen should have open campus?

Do you think that students should have open campus during semester tests? 

Should sophomores get open campus during semester tests?

https://grownandflown.com/teens-allowed-open-campus-lunch/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that everyone should have open campus during semester days as long as you are passing all of your classes. In general, I think that open campus is more convenient as well. Some people learn better at home or want to have lunch at home or take a break there.

• I agree with you because some students can get stressed out and then they forget everything they learned and they might even be late to their next class.

• I think that all students should be able to have an open campus, not just during semester tests but throughout the whole school year. I think that if you have a study hall then you should be able to leave because most people don't do anything during study halls.

• I disagree because I don't think that everyone should have open campus because then it will cause more problems but I think that sophomores, juniors, and seniors should have it during 3rd-4th quarter and freshmen have it during semester tests.

• I think that sophomores should definetly have open campus and if freshman can drive and their grades aren't bad they should be able to too. I think only 5 minutes in between test is not enough time not only just to prepare for your next test but if you go over the class period you can get behind for the rest of the day.

• I agree because some student can get really stressed then they would forget everything or just forget when class starts and misses the test or be late to their next class.

• I think that all students deserve to have open campus unless there grade in a class is a F, I do not think it is faIr that if a student has a d- they should have to stay back in school and not have as much freedom it is not as close to if you had a F.

• I agree but I think that you should have your grade higher than a D to get open campus because some kids might not care when they have a D- and still won't work on it to get it up

• I think that all students should have the option for open campus. But there should be some limits,  if any Freshman, Sophomore or Junior has a D or lower you should not be allowed to have open campus until that grade is above a D.  During semester tests I think that everyone should have open campus due to the long and stressful hours of sitting around and testing. 

• I agree with you because some kids can get stressed from the long test and they need a little break.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker