Everyday students get told they should do something extra with the school, whether that be sports, band, student council, ect. Most students would agree that doing an extracurricular activity is good. So the question is do you think students should be required to do an extracurricular activity?

Most studies show that doing extra activities can help improve your behavior, academic ability, and have more positive attitudes. Although most teenage students have jobs and chores outside of school they still are involved with a lot of things. Most staff at schools push you to do something helping the school. 

Many students would agree with taking extra curricular activities but they do not think it should be required. Studies also show that being involved more with the school can give you more social opportunities, help you have essential life skills, and it looks good on your resume. 

As a student, I think being more involved in your school helps you do better in school and make more friends. Overall it’s just an easier way to embrace yourself through your school?

Do you think students should be required to take extra curricular activities?

Do you think it helps with social skills? 

https://www.crimsoneducation.org/us/blog/extracurriculars/benefits-of-extracurricular-activities/#:~:text=Lots%20of%20studies%20have%20been,school%20and%20higher%20academic%20aspirations.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't 100% agree with you but I do think that it could make them find more friends with the same intrests. I do agree with some kids thinking it might be a waste of time because they don't like anything the school has to offer. 

• I don't think that the extra activities should be required only because some students have to work in order for there house hold to work. But the activites should be highly encouraged. I think that sports and other activites are so good for kids to get into and I think some kids would enjoy it more than they think they would.

• My opinion is that students should not be required to take extra curricular activities. They can be inconvenient for students that work or who have to focus on family. Sure they can help with involvement, but some people might not have anything that they are interested in, and there is only a limited amount of activities. I just don’t think that they should be required.

• I mostly agree with this, it could be very unhelpfull to students and they might not be very invovled with it. However, I do think it should be a option but not required. 

• I think that in order to have fun and be happy you have to like what you are doing. I don't think students should be pushed to do extracurricular activities if they don't want to do them. Students can sometimes have a lot on their plate and by adding another item could make them feel overwhelmed. I think extracurricular activity helps teach a lot of kids new life skills whether that's from social skills to learning how to be a better leader. 

• I think that in order to enjoy what you are doing, you have to really want to be doing it. I don't feel that students should be forced to engage in an extra curricular activity if it isn't something they feel comfortable doing or participating in. I personally reccomend anyone to get involved with their school activites, but only if it is something that they feel they want to do. 

• I agree, Students will only put their full effort in if they want to do something. I think it would be good to join a club but If students don't want to we shouldn't force them to. Forcing them to do it will make them do it poorly and then it's just pointless. 

• I think that extracurricular activities will help out with every kind of job in the world. I think that a lot of different kinds of extracurricular activities do help with social skills, but certain extracurricular activities help with your social skills over other activities. I don't think that extracurricular activities should be required.

• Yes, I think students should be required to be in at least one extracirricular activity. In my opinion it helps keep kids out of trouble and gives kids something to look forward to. I also think that it helps with social skills and helps kids get their mind off things or even just make new friends.

• In my opinion, I think students should have a choice whether they want to be involved in extra curriculars or not. Some students would rather go home and or hangout with friends after school hours. Aswell as, some students may not have the time to participate in extra curriculars. I don't think students should be forced into doing something they don't want to do. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker