Should students be able to leave for lunch

A lot of people think that they should be able to leave school during lunch. If students are able to leave school during school it will help them handle responsibility better. It could also help students with their time management skills because they would have to plan how much time it would take to eat.

If students have a D or F in a class then they should not be able to leave during lunch. They also should not be able to leave if they have a detention or ISS. Another way students could leave is if they have a car to drive them to the place. Some students have a lot of stress so if students leave it will give them the energy for the rest of the day.

Do you think students should be able to?

What grade should you be in to leave for lunch?

htps://nhsnews.org/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that people should be allowed to leave for lunch under any circumstances. It is a period to eat and talk with friends, and it shouldn't matter on how old they are or what their grades look like. There is no harm to let students eat where they like and talk to who they wish.

• I think that students should be able to leave for lunch if there grade aprove on it. I also agree why the school doesn't let everyone leave for lunch only seniors. The reason they only let seniors is because then the school would have alot of extra food left over, and have nothing to do with it.

• I think students should definitely be able to leave for lunch especially if they have good grades and have their license. However, I undertsand why the school doesn't let everyone because many kids are not safe and it's a huge liabilty on the school.

•  In my opinion students that can be responsible and use their time wisely should be able to leave for lunch and study halls. If students can’t get back in time, that is on them and they will face the consequences. If students have a D or F in a class then they should not be able to leave during lunch. They also should not be able to leave if they have a detention or ISS.

• I think students should be able to leave if they are responisble enough. I think if they haven't had any trouble with doing bad things then why not? We should just be cautious of where they go and what they do. I do think that it should only be juniors and seniors because they can drive and they are responsible and deserve it.

• I think that students should be able to leave lunch but only if they earn the trust from teachers. This is because I think that there are people that would just not do great things outside of the school and maybe even show up late to their next class. 

• I think that students should be able to leave for lunch. I think this because not everyone likes the school lunch and it would be good for the food businesses around the area. I think that students should have to be at least a Jr. to be able to leave for lunch.

• I think that students should leave for lunch. I think it is great because school food is not great. And having the option to leave will be great. but then again some people will abuse the freedom of leaving. But if they figure out something that works it will be fine.

• i beleive that only junior and seinors only becase of the types of classes and oportunities they get they have more freedome with scedual so it can let them leave and they can try to set up study hall rigtht after lunch so they have more time to eat 

• I would like to leave for lunch, however if we were given that privilage alot of people would abuse this freedom. People would stay out longer than they're supposed too and would mess around getting into trouble. I just don't see how it would work.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker