Should students be able to leave for lunch

A lot of people think that they should be able to leave school during lunch. If students are able to leave school during school it will help them handle responsibility better. It could also help students with their time management skills because they would have to plan how much time it would take to eat.

If students have a D or F in a class then they should not be able to leave during lunch. They also should not be able to leave if they have a detention or ISS. Another way students could leave is if they have a car to drive them to the place. Some students have a lot of stress so if students leave it will give them the energy for the rest of the day.

Do you think students should be able to?

What grade should you be in to leave for lunch?

htps://nhsnews.org/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think students should be able to leave during lunch. as long as you can drive or get a ride from someone and be back on time, you should be able to leave. I think people should at least give 9th and 10th grade a chance to prove themsleves worthy of being trusted. I think you should be at least a freshman to be able to leave for lunch.

• I believe students should be allowed to sign out for lunch. The school's food isn't great, and some students don't enjoy eating it. 9-12th graders should be able to leave for lunch, with passing grades. 

• I think that juniors and seniors should be able to leave for lunch, because it would be another time for them to relax and release stress during the day. I agree with the grade and detention qualification that you said as well, where you can't leave if you have a D or an F.

• In my oppinion i do think students should leave for lunch as long as they have passsing grades because if were being honest schools lunch is really really bad not only that but also because students need a little break from school and ill they want to do is home out and eat something

• I think that people should be able to sign out during lunch. If the school actually made good food that kids would actually eat, then fewer people would want to sign out anyway.  If you have a D or F then you should not be able to sign out, but if your grades are good, then it shouldn't matter.

• I do believe that students should be able to leave for lunch because that is the one time in the school day that people can do what they want and now we can't because we can't leave. I think that at least you are 16 and able to drive then you should be able to leave for lunch when it is lunch time in the school.

• Yes I think students should be able to leave for lunch in 10th grade and up becasue they should be responseable to leave and get back on time for there next class. I also agree that students that are failing there classes should not be able to leave for lunch or open campus .

• I think that students should be able to leave for lunch if they have passing grades. Sometimes school can feel like a prison so this can be one way to give kids responsibilities and have their own time. They should also be able to leave lunch because most of the time the school lunches are gross and kids dont want to eat it. 

• I think students should be able to leave for lunch I think school is like jail and students need a change of places. I think that all highschoolers should be able to leave, I also think that it should be allowed for an older sibling to sign out a younger sibling for lunch if they wanted to. I also think this should be allowed for everyone even if they are failing. I think that detention should be chosen when it gets served so the student can still go to lunch. But if they are in ISS they should have to stay.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker