Should Spring/Easter Break be Longer?

Its hard to decide if it should be shorter or longer. I would go with Shorter. Only for the reasoning that you wont be in school longer than you have to be, not behind on school work, and still have the weekend and one day off. Studies show that when children get too many days off of school for a holiday that their brains aren't functioning the right way they should be for school. It puts students in a tough spot for getting caught up.

After break all kids wanna do is talk about what they did over break, and not focus on school work. I think breaks from school are much needed. Kids need some time away from school. Easter break and Spring break are just so close to the end of the year. There is not enough time to be missing more than 4 days of school. That gives us 4 days that we will be behind on the teachers teaching schedule. Studies show that most teachers around the world don't see the point of missing any school when Easter is on a Sunday. Teachers explain how they want the kids to be in school

Do you think we should have a shorter or longer Spring/Easter break? 

Do you agree with the teachers? 

Why do you think this? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think the length of the break is ok, but we all want it to be longer. If it was longer we would have school longer. I think it is nice that we atleast have a small break. I also think it is nice to have a few days off.

• I think the shorter spring/Easter break is nice because it's somewhat of a break without keeping us in school until June. If we were to lenghten the amount of days for the break then we would have to continue going to school for an extra amount of days.

• I think that mostly any student would be more then happy at the idea of having longer breaks throughout the school year, but is it really worth it? I personally really enjoy sleeping in and not having to do anything during breaks but at the same time the longer our breaks are, the longer it takes to get out of school. So in the long run I think that shorter breaks have more long-term benefits.

• Even though it would be nice to have a longer break when we are on the break. I think I would want to have a shorter break so then we can get out of school earlier and have a longer summer break. I feel that not having a spring break because then we are able to have an Easter break. I think most schools that have a spring break don’t have an Easter break. We also wouldn’t get our winter break if we were to have a spring break. I think we should just keep the schedule as it is.

• I think that the break shoudl be longer. Most of the other schools have a longer break up to week off. The students and teachers need to break because of stress. The students if they are behind could even get caught up over the break since they won't be getting anymore work. 

• I feel like the brake should not be shorter or longer. A four day weekend seems like just enough time to fully relax and do things. I get where you are coming from in terms of not focusing on school work but that would most likely only be for a day. It takes time for people to get back into the mindset of being in school.

• I think that we should have a longer spring break. The majority of other schools get anywhere from 3 days to a week off. I think the students and teachers deserve a decent break because of how hard everyone has to work. 

• I think we should have a longer spring break. I think that sometimes we have a lot of stress with school, so a big break from eating will be good. I think that one week of break will be good. I think teachers will be fine with it. Even though we might go out of school one week after, I think it is still better.

• I think Spring break is just long enough, it gives kids a break before the final full weeks before school is over. If it was too long they would start to slack off and that would carry back to school and their grades may start to slip.

• i think it is fine as it is because if we do have like say a week of for breaks that would mean more time to have at the end of the year in school and less summer 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker