Should Schools Have Charging Stations in the Classroom?

Do you keep forgetting to charge your computer at home? Many students would enjoy having charging stations at school, However many teachers would not. There are many pros and cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. Who's side of this topic should schools support?

There are many pros to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then every student would have a charged computer. Also if there were chargers in a classroom environment students would not be required to charge their computers at home. Another reason having computer chargers in the classroom would be a good thing is that the school would have no need to give chargers out to students and then the school would not have to worry about students losing or breaking chargers as much.

However, There are also many cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then most students would be taking advantage of it and there would be so many chargers that people could trip over the chargers and get hurt. Also the amount of electricity it would take during the school day to charge everyone's computers would be immense and could cause electrical fires, power outages and massive electrical bills. Also it could make teachers only sit at their desks, for it would be hard to get across the classroom to help a student or teach face to face.

In my opinion, I think having chargers in the classroom would be a great idea. I am somebody who forgets to charge their computer at night and it would be very nice to see the school make some changes for those types of students. Also, since schools are very tech run, it would be a good change in my opinion as the world goes into technology more and more. I think that schools will eventually do this because schools will start to see students' grades drop just because they don't have a charged computer for the school day.

All in all, there are many pros and cons to having chargers and charging stations in classrooms. Many students would be happy with this change, although many teachers would not be happy with this change. Charging stations would be a very unique addition to the classroom environment, however, is this addition worth the effort?

Do you think having charging stations should be placed into classrooms?

Would you use a charging station if they were in the classroom?

How would this new addition help you?

https://blog.tripplite.com/why-does-your-school-need-classroom-charging-stations

https://www.bretford.com/blog/why-are-charging-stations-necessary-in-a-classroom/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Exacltly, I can already see like 5 students asking to charge their computers at the same time and they would be annoyed. 

• I believe that there should be charging stations in the classrooms. Even if it is the students responsability, there is sometimes where the students forget to charge their computers and end up failing assignments or tests. I don't think I would use the charging station because I normally remember to charge my computer but it could help me if I ever forget to. 

• I totally agree with your opinion, we don't need students grades dropping and their gpa's dropping just because they forgot to charge their computers.

• I think that there should be some charging stations, but not in every single room. I probably wouldn't use a charging station because my phone is usually charged. This new addition wouldn't help me, but there are a lot of people that could benefit from it.

• the charging stations would be for computers not phones and mostly for school use.

• I don't think that all rooms should be required to have a charging station, but those that require you to put your phone up should offer it. In most classes, I keep my phone off my person and in my bag charging. If the classes that require you to put your phone up were to have charging ports I think that more kids would be inclined to put their phones away.

• I agree with that kids would be much more likely to put their phones up, but the charging stations would be used for computers

• I think that there should be a few charging stations in the school but only if your teacher has one in their room. I dont think that a teacher should be forced to have one in their room if they dont want one. I think that as long as you are not distracting the class you should be able to charge your phone. 

• I think there should be charging stations in school, some students are irresponsible and lose their chargers so they have no way of charging their computers at home. A lot of high school students have jobs as well, so they might not have enough energy when they get home to find their chargers and plug in their computers. Even if teachers are upset with this idea, they will be more upset if a student doesn't have a charged computer to do their work on.

• In a few classrooms, teachers offer charging stations, and I would bet that a lot of teachers wouldn't mind if students asked to charge their own phones from an unused outlet in the classroom. As long as the phone isn't hindering the class's ability to learn, I think that phone charging stations are okay. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker