Should Schools Have Charging Stations in the Classroom?

Do you keep forgetting to charge your computer at home? Many students would enjoy having charging stations at school, However many teachers would not. There are many pros and cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. Who's side of this topic should schools support?

There are many pros to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then every student would have a charged computer. Also if there were chargers in a classroom environment students would not be required to charge their computers at home. Another reason having computer chargers in the classroom would be a good thing is that the school would have no need to give chargers out to students and then the school would not have to worry about students losing or breaking chargers as much.

However, There are also many cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then most students would be taking advantage of it and there would be so many chargers that people could trip over the chargers and get hurt. Also the amount of electricity it would take during the school day to charge everyone's computers would be immense and could cause electrical fires, power outages and massive electrical bills. Also it could make teachers only sit at their desks, for it would be hard to get across the classroom to help a student or teach face to face.

In my opinion, I think having chargers in the classroom would be a great idea. I am somebody who forgets to charge their computer at night and it would be very nice to see the school make some changes for those types of students. Also, since schools are very tech run, it would be a good change in my opinion as the world goes into technology more and more. I think that schools will eventually do this because schools will start to see students' grades drop just because they don't have a charged computer for the school day.

All in all, there are many pros and cons to having chargers and charging stations in classrooms. Many students would be happy with this change, although many teachers would not be happy with this change. Charging stations would be a very unique addition to the classroom environment, however, is this addition worth the effort?

Do you think having charging stations should be placed into classrooms?

Would you use a charging station if they were in the classroom?

How would this new addition help you?

https://blog.tripplite.com/why-does-your-school-need-classroom-charging-stations

https://www.bretford.com/blog/why-are-charging-stations-necessary-in-a-classroom/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I personally didn't know other teachers had chsrging stations in the achool, but I agree with your opinion.

• I do think they need to have charging stations in every class because a lot of kids dont take their computer inside during the night so most of them are dead when they come back. I would use the charging stations a lot because I do not charge my computer at home

• I totally Agree with your opinion, I also have trouble with charging my computer at home.

• Yes, I agree. I think the school should provide a charging station in the classroom for students. However, I do believe that students should be able to charge their computers or phones at home everyone makes mistakes and we are still kids so we are going to be forgetful.

• That is very true, I am a very forgetful person and I forget to charge my computer at home. So charging stations would be very helpful

• In my opion students should be able to charge there phone and or computers during class. Some teachers do have outlets right next to the phone holders but then you have to remeber to bring your own cord. If I were to design a new desk I would put a outlet in the desk to charge your computer.

• I agree, the outlets that teachers have in their rooms are useless without chargers, also a lot of the power strips are in very inaccesible places

• Yes, I think that having stations for students to charge computers and phones in the classroom is a very helpful idea. When students' computers are out o battery teachers often say to go ask another student, this tends to cause a lot of distractions during class. So, having a charging station in the classroom could be very helpful for many students and teachers. 

• I agree that asking other students could be very distracting during class, However asking students for chargerd would be less of a mess but overall I agree with your opinion.

• i think that the point of having / loaning computers is to teach responsability as well as get the electricity bill lowered but the scene of a charged classroom is apealing i think that triping on cords is not goingb to be a problem because of planning. the cords would probably be in the floor 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker