Should School Be Online?

Going to school has been one of the biggest complaints from teens and children for decades. There have been so many arguments to try and compromise for their wants. Starting school later, having shorter days, and even having a shorter school year. Granted these could be put into action, but would it be easier to just have an online course?

Going chronically online has many pros and cons. Some advantages to this would be, being able to go at your own pace. Many students struggle to keep up with some of the students in class, but if they weren’t to be compared to other students, many would feel more comfortable and open with their own school work. A lot of students can’t keep up with the teacher. Everybody learns differently and at their own pace, so being able to control how much you do could also be good, obviously requirements would still have to be met. A disadvantage would be that, with an online course, there is no emotion put in with the grading. No later deadlines, everything must be done on time, and there would be no partial credit.

I personally wouldn’t want to go online. Many would argue that you get more sleep, and would have better learning opportunities being able to take your time, but I like socializing. I prefer having a connection with my teachers and peers. 

Would you want to go to school online?

What would your biggest complaint be?

Do you think it would be worth it?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you, you would have so much more free time to get more done and be more productive, but it would suck not being able to see my friends, and other classmates.

• I personally would not want to go to school online, because you wouldn't get to talk to people in person. Also, it would be much harder to focus and actually do your work because you are not in a very good learning environment. And it would be very hard to ask any questions that you may have about the work.

• I agree, I think the connections and relationships people have with their peers should be valued, we shouldn't be just secluded to our homes for a majority of the day.

• I would not want to go online for school, I like to be able to ask a question whenever I need to. I always wouldn't have as much motivation to get up early and do school and for in person school I actually get ready and get up early. Online can be good though, you can be comfy and learn but its just not for me.

• I agree with you, when we went online in 2020, I didn't do anything, I slept in past the times that we were supposed to be on zoom, and I just couldn't focus on school. I don't think this would be for me.

• Personally, I would not like to go online because I feel like I would not understand concepts as well as I would if it was in person. I also think that I would be easily distracted by my phone. If school was online we wouldn't be able to ask questions that would help us comprehend questions and subjects.

• I agree with you, I wouldn't be able to stay focused, I'd either be distracted by my phone, my xbox, or anything else going on in my house.

• I wouldn't want to go online because I wouldn't focus as well, I would become shyer than I already am, and I wouldn't have any friends. Although, I do think that online school has benfits because you could get more sleep, work at your own pace, save on gas, etc, I just would prefer in-person school over online school.

• I agree with you, granted there are many pros to being online, I just think personally I would enjoy learning in person with my friends, and create connections with my teachers.

• I think that it depends on the student some students can benefit from online school while others benefit from in-person school. being online can be bad as some people think it will be easier to slack off but some people end up working harder.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker