Should pole vault be legal in Iowa

Pole vault is an event in track and field and a lot of people like this event and try really hard at the event, however, there are some terrible things that could happen while you are doing this event like getting severely injured from it and there have been people that have died from doing pole vault. In Iowa, pole vault Is banned Iowa schools voted 342-75 to ban the pole vault event in track the reasoning behind this is because there was a death from the event and they voted on it and the votes were out numbered for the event being banned in track. 

I think that pole vault should be legal in Iowa but they should only be able to go a certain height and they should have more padding around where you land 

Do you think that pole vault should be legal in Iowa? why?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1986-08-15-8603010140-story.html 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• i agree with your statement and i think that it is a iconic sport and challenging also

• I think that pole vault should be legal because a student would know the danger if they wanted to do it. If this logic applied to all sports than almost every sport would be banned since you can get severly injuring yourself.

• yes, i agree with this i think that people should be able to do it if they would like to 

• Pole vault is one of the most interesting sports I've ever watched, and the dangers of it seem to only come very rarely or from inexperience of the sport. Adding it back would be an amazing thing to happen as it would allow for a lot of athletes to experience such an amazing sport.

• I agree with this alot of people would like to have this event back 

• I believe that pole vault is a very difficult thing to do, however if you can, you are very talented. I believe we should not take that away from them and have it be legal. 

• I think that it should be legal, but make sure that the proper precautions are put in place to prevent major injury. All sports/events have some risk of injury or even death and they are still legal, so therefore, pole vaulting should be as well. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker