Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?

Do you think that Pit Bulls should be banned from the United States. I think that they shouldn’t because they are living things just like us. People think that they are mean because of they breed but its not. They are mean because the way they are treated or was treated. 

People debate on whether they should get one or not because of the history of them. Pit Bulls did use to be used for dog fighting and guard dogs. People thinking they should be banned well just think that if any dog bits people or other dogs well every dog does that. Cites state that “banning dogs should not be banned because they have been by you side for how long”. Thats basically saying that dogs have been everyones best friends for how long and now were just gonna ban them. 

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pit-bull-bans-top-2-pros-and-cons/

Shoud Pit Bulls be banned?

How do you feel about this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I personally believe that pit bulls should not be banned in the United States. Many people in the United States believe that pit bulls are the dangerous dog out of all of them. Pit bulls are only mean if they are fourced to become mean or they are not proberly trained. 

• I agree that they are only mean if they are taught to be mean and not trained right.

• I don't think pit bulls should be banned. Many people think that they are really agressive because of their history. I think that they are harmless and the reasan they were agressive is because they were trained to be gaurd dogs or for dog fighting. 

• I agree, people only think their mean because of their history many years ago.

• I personally think pit bulls shouldn't be banned because they are just the same as other dogs personally I know this by having a pit bull in my own house hold they are just as good or even better than other dogs because they like playing or even just being a nice house hold dog.

• I agree not all pitbulls are not mean. Your pitbull is very nice and does bit unless your playing.

• I think they should not be banned, but I do think people need to learn how to teach them right. I think that the people that train them to be agressive should get in trouble, and not the dogs themself. I think that most pitbulls are harmless, it is just the way people raise them.

• I agree that people need to be learend on how to teach their dog to be nice and not abuse it.

• I feel the same that people that train them wrong should not be able to own a dog.

• I feel pitbulls should not be banned. most of the reasons pitbulls get such a bad reputation is either they get treated wrong and they get mistaken from other dogs. i feel the pitbull ban is wrong and the pitbulls should be treated better. pitbulls are sweet hearts and most of them couldnt hurt a fly its german shepeards and belgian malinois that should be banned as they are agressive.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker