Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?

Do you think that Pit Bulls should be banned from the United States. I think that they shouldn’t because they are living things just like us. People think that they are mean because of they breed but its not. They are mean because the way they are treated or was treated. 

People debate on whether they should get one or not because of the history of them. Pit Bulls did use to be used for dog fighting and guard dogs. People thinking they should be banned well just think that if any dog bits people or other dogs well every dog does that. Cites state that “banning dogs should not be banned because they have been by you side for how long”. Thats basically saying that dogs have been everyones best friends for how long and now were just gonna ban them. 

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pit-bull-bans-top-2-pros-and-cons/

Shoud Pit Bulls be banned?

How do you feel about this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I feel like they get a bad reputation because people hear bad stories on them and then they are always scared of them.

• I think that pitbulls should not be banned. I think this because pitbulls themselves are not that harmful. Pitbulls are just like any dog it is just the owners that train them into harmful fighting dogs. I feel that the people that train these dogs to be so harmful should get put in jail and potentially the death penalty.

• I feel like the people that train them to be harmful or not nice should get a punishment like getting there dog taken.

• I do not think that pit bulls should be banned. I feel it is dumb to think that they should be banned because its not the dogs fault that they are aggressive. It is the way they are treated that makes them aggressive. I feel bad towards pit bulls because people are so rude to them.

• I agree that it is dumb that people think its the dogs fault that they bit someone well its not I think its the owner fault.

• I do not think pit bulls should be banned mainly because the pitbulls aren't harmful it's the owners if the dogs are not raised right then they are not going to act right and it is the same way with any other dog I think it is messed up if they ban pit bulls.

• I agree if they are not raised right then there gonna be mean and not friendly.

• I think that they should not be ban. I think that people are scared of pitbulls and you hear news about pitbulls attacks and others things. I think that the media gives pitbulls a bad rep and not a good rep.

• I agree with you because people are only scared of them because they hear stories of them biting somone or not being nice.

• I think pit bulls are harmles dogs and they dont need to be banned. Pit bulls are only mean if you raise them the wrong way. I have a pit bulll and he is the sweetest most frendly boy in the world. My friends perents have tiny dogs and they are so mean they would bite your face if you tried to touch them. So in my oppinion pit bulls are harmless dogs. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker