Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?

Do you think that Pit Bulls should be banned from the United States. I think that they shouldn’t because they are living things just like us. People think that they are mean because of they breed but its not. They are mean because the way they are treated or was treated. 

People debate on whether they should get one or not because of the history of them. Pit Bulls did use to be used for dog fighting and guard dogs. People thinking they should be banned well just think that if any dog bits people or other dogs well every dog does that. Cites state that “banning dogs should not be banned because they have been by you side for how long”. Thats basically saying that dogs have been everyones best friends for how long and now were just gonna ban them. 

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pit-bull-bans-top-2-pros-and-cons/

Shoud Pit Bulls be banned?

How do you feel about this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I dont think pit bulls should be banned. Lots of other breads of dogs can be agressive as well. Pit bulls are just targeted, but there is no reason. I dont believe any dogs should be banned because they are a living thing. If they were to be banned where would they go.

• I agree that other dogs are agressive as well. They are targeted a lot because many years ago they were the one to get chose to dog fight.

• I believe Pitbulls should not be banned. I feel that a dog's behavior has to do with how it is raised not its genetics. I have met plenty of well-behaved, nice, Pitbulls. To ban them just because some have been dangerous in history isnt fare. If we banned every dog breed just because some showed aggression, there wouldn't be any dogs left. 

• I agree, they are only mean because of the way they were treated or raised.

• I don't think that pit bulls should be banned. Any dog can be agressive, and any dog can attack a human. Pit bull were trained to fight, but that doesn't mean that because they were bred to do that, it doesn't mean that a pitbull puppy will attack a child or person. People have huge misconseptions of a type of animal who have done nothing wrong to get a bad reputation 

• I agree its not just pit bulls that are agressive, there are other dogs out there that are more agressive then most pit bulls.

• I do not think that Pit Bulls or any other dog breed should be banned. Not all of them are dangerous. Any dog breed could be danerous. It really all depends on how they were raised and who they were raised by. Meaning did the owner show agressive behavor to the dog. 

• They are only dangrous if they are taught like that or they were abused when they were younger.

• I think that Pitbulls should not be banned in the United States. They are just like any other dog, and they should not be banned for who they are. If a Pitbull is aggressive, it is probably like that because the original owner trained/raised the dog to be that way.

• I agree that they shouldn't because they have feelings just like us. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker