Should passing periods be longer?

Should passing periods be longer? Currently, in Harlan schools the passing periods are 3 minutes long, is that enough? Many kids are late to class due to only having 3 minutes to get to their next class and use the bathroom. Many students abuse passing periods by skipping in the bathrooms and then wanting to be excused. I agree with teachers that if students are going to the bathroom every period they shouldn't have the privilege of longer passing periods.

The kids that responsibly use the bathrooms and don't use it every period should have the privilege of more extended passing periods. But students that are constantly tardy because they don't have enough time shouldn't have consequences. I think passing periods should be 5 minutes long because students usually pack up and get ready about 2 minutes before class ends.

I personally think that passing periods should be longer, it is definitely a good discussion.

https://trojaneer.com/

How long do you think the passing periods should be?

Are 3 minutes enough for a passing period?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I like during the semester test days when we would have 5 minutes to go from class to class. I thought that it gave everyone enough time tuse the bathrooms, fill their water bottles, and get to their classes before the bell. I think that our passing periods now are too short to even get from one side of the school to the other.

•    I do not think that pasing periods should be significantly longer, but I do think an extra minute would be beneficial. This extra minute would allow students use the restroom, fill their water bottles, and more without having to rush to get back to class on time.

• I personally think that it should be longer because I don't really feel that 3 minutes is enough to be able to use the restroom sometimes. But on the other hand, if we made passing periods longer than that would mean that we would have to stay in school longer which I do not agree with. 

• I think passing periods are fine. Becuase, if you make them longer then were going to have to go to school later. I dont think it enough but I think teachers are not very strict about it and they understand that if you have a class on the other side of the school and your late they wont really care. 

• I think passing period should be at leats 4-5 minutes because by the time we get to a bathroom thats pry at least 1-2 minutes and the batgrooms are always full so then we are late to class but some teachers are mad if we go to class and ask to go to bathroom becasue its wasting class time.

• I think that the 3 minutes passing time is not enough. Lots of people have classes on the complete opposite side of the building, making them late. By the time students make it to the bathroom the bell is already ringing so i think that passing time should be 4-5 minutes 

• I think that three minutes is enough to get to clas, but if they needed to use the restroom there wouldn't be enough time. If they changed the time and made it longer, they should change it to 4 minutes.

• I personally think that passing periods should be longer than the current ones we have. I think that passing periods should be lengthened to at least four minutes in my opinion. 

• Passing periods should be 5 minutes long it would be enough time to get to class and use the bathroom on the way. A lot of teachers are cranky if students ask to use the restroom and will ask why we didn't during passing periods but that is because there isn't enough time.

• I think we should keep them the same at 3 minutes. Granted you don't have time to go to the bathroom or anything, but that's where I think it should be discussed that teachers can't tell the student's no. But I think it's enough time, and the class day would be longer if we had to extend the time that the passing periods are.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker