Should passing periods be longer?

Should passing periods be longer? Currently, in Harlan schools the passing periods are 3 minutes long, is that enough? Many kids are late to class due to only having 3 minutes to get to their next class and use the bathroom. Many students abuse passing periods by skipping in the bathrooms and then wanting to be excused. I agree with teachers that if students are going to the bathroom every period they shouldn't have the privilege of longer passing periods.

The kids that responsibly use the bathrooms and don't use it every period should have the privilege of more extended passing periods. But students that are constantly tardy because they don't have enough time shouldn't have consequences. I think passing periods should be 5 minutes long because students usually pack up and get ready about 2 minutes before class ends.

I personally think that passing periods should be longer, it is definitely a good discussion.

https://trojaneer.com/

How long do you think the passing periods should be?

Are 3 minutes enough for a passing period?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that passing periods should be 5 minutes it would be a good time to go to the bathroom and get your water bottle filled up and get to class on time 3 minutes are not enough at all and I believe we should have it be longer then they are right now.

• I think passing periods definitely need to be longer. I think they should be 5 minutes. This will give kids enough time to get to classes and use the restroom or fill their water bottle up especially if they have classes on opposite ends of the building or something.

• I would like passing periods to be longer because it give students more time to go to the bathroom or give them more time to get to where they are going. It would ensure that less people are late.

• I feel like passing periods should be 5 minutes long. There are a lot of teachers that complain about students going to the bathroom at the beginning of class, but if passing periods were longer, it wouldn't take up any class time. I also feel that it is beneficial for students that can't get around as fast, to ensure they get to their class on time. 

• I think that 5 minutes would be very good because then there would be less people lat to class but that also gives more student the chance and freedom to do things they shouldn't be doing. But I want longer passing peroids because then I have a chance to talk to teachers if I have questions because I currently do not have a study hall so when I get confused I don't really have as much of a chance to ask questions.

• I think that passing periods should be at least five minutes long. I don't think that we currently have enough time in between periods. For those who have to walk up or down the stairs, it really isn't enough time. Students are told to go to the bathroom in between classes, but they don't give us enough time to do that.

• I think that passing periods should be longer because some students have to go to the middle school or on the other side of the school and they have to go to the bathroom but then they are late and they don't have enough time. I think passing periods should be about 5-6 minutes so some students can use the bathroom and not be late if they're on the other side of the school.

• I think even just a minute more for passing periods would help. There are some classes in my schedule that I need to leave immediately after the bell rings to make because they're on opposite ends of the school. If I have to stop in the bathroom or even just take extra time to pack up after the class ends, I will not make it to my next class in time.

• I think the passing periods should be 3- 4 minutes long so kids can fill up their water and go to the bathroom without disturbing the class. 3-minute passing periods are ok but they should be longer so kids don't get in trouble for leaving to go to the bathroom in the middle of the class.

• Three minutes is not long enough. Some kids have to go to the middle school for art classes and I'm late every day not even going to the bahtroom. Teachers want us to go the bathroom during passing periods but we'd have no time. If we had 5 minutes we wouldn't have to get up and crowd at the door because we'd have enough time to pack out stuff up and go to the next class in time.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker