Should passing periods be longer?

Should passing periods be longer? Currently, in Harlan schools the passing periods are 3 minutes long, is that enough? Many kids are late to class due to only having 3 minutes to get to their next class and use the bathroom. Many students abuse passing periods by skipping in the bathrooms and then wanting to be excused. I agree with teachers that if students are going to the bathroom every period they shouldn't have the privilege of longer passing periods.

The kids that responsibly use the bathrooms and don't use it every period should have the privilege of more extended passing periods. But students that are constantly tardy because they don't have enough time shouldn't have consequences. I think passing periods should be 5 minutes long because students usually pack up and get ready about 2 minutes before class ends.

I personally think that passing periods should be longer, it is definitely a good discussion.

https://trojaneer.com/

How long do you think the passing periods should be?

Are 3 minutes enough for a passing period?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I think that the passing periods should be longer. I feel like it would give us students more time to talk to other classmates rather than talking in class.  I also think that it will help limit the number of times the children are tardy. I do not think that 3 minutes is enough.

• I agree students should be allowed to talk to their peers before class without being tardy.

• In my opinion, 3 minutes is not enough time. Sometimes, I might need to use the restroom, then get to a class. Which is not enough time. And if I don't then some teachers will get mad that they wait till the beginning of their class.

• I agree teachers should be getting mad when we only have 3 minutes.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker