Should Parents track their kids?

Should  parents track their kids' location and know where they are all the time? We all know about how technology is advancing. There's multiple apps that parents can always see where their kids are and their driving history and their phone usage. Those apps include Life360, FamiSafe, Gokid, FindMy and multiple more. There are pros and cons to these apps. 

The pros of these apps are the safety features that they have. Knowing where your kids are all the time and being able to make sure they're safe is so nice, especially in the world we are living in today. Some of these apps detect when you get into a crash and notify the people who have your location and the police. Another pro is that it holds accountability when kids know they are being tracked they do way less things that they shouldn't do. Lastly it gives parents peace not always worrying if your kid made it home. 

However there are cons to having parents track your location. It can hurt the trust between the kid and parent, trust is always something that needs to be earned but not trusting your kid can really strain your location with your kid.  Also these apps are not 100 percent accurate and can get kids in trouble for a glitch on the app. Growing up kids want to have their own independence and if parents are always tracking their kids then kids want to just do what they want because their parents already don't trust them. 

I think there's pros and cons of tracking. But overall I think its parents not trusting their kids when they should and it will strain the kids relationship with their parents.However, it could also be good just for the safety aspect of these apps. 

Do you think parents should track their kids?

Do you have a tracking app on your phone?

If so, What app?

https://www.brightcanary.io/to-track-or-not-to-track-weighing-the-pros-and-cons-of-using-location-tracking-on-your-child/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that parents should be able to track their kids because what if something happens to their child and they go missing? I do have a tracking app on my phone, Life 360, and I don't really mind it because most of the times my parents don't care where I go.

• I agree its a good saftey feauture and helps if you get into a crash or lost or something like that.

• I don't have a tracking app on my phone and thanks to my parents trusting me, we have a good relationship. If parents want to know where their kids are, they can just call or text them. I know the world is a dangerous place, but in rural Iowa the biggest worry is probably deer running across the road.

• Haha don't got to worry to much but you just never know what could happen in a matter of seconds

• I dont think they should track kids. Yes i have a tracking app(Life 360) but i turn it off half the time because yall should have trust in me. Parent should just trust their kids like. If you ask ur kid and they tell you then just believe they will be where they say. 

• I agree parents should have trust in your kids but its also a saftey thing

• I don't think parents should track their kids because then it feels like you can't do anything. Especially if you have strict parents. Yes, I could see how it can help keep you safe, but if you have one it makes you feel trapped kind of.

• I agree to a point yes it feels like you cant do anything but then again its a saftey thing

• I think parents should be able to track there kids somehow because it could help if something bad happens to the kid. Then, the parents could know where they are at. My family uses Life360.

• I agree parents should jsut for saftey

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker