Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla, has just recently shared his thoughts on the major topic of climate change. Most people know that this is one of The Biden Administration's main focuses. Elon Musk agrees with them as far as the fact that Climate Change is real and that we need to do something about it. However, he does not want to go about it the same way. 

Many people who live in urban areas believe that farming is a main cause of Climate change. They think that the fertilizer we use harms the environment. They also believe that livestock is releasing a high amount of carbon monoxide into the atmosphere. These may be partially true, but Elon Musk does not think that eliminating these problems is the right way to get rid of climate change.

Elon Musk is the founder of Tesla. He started this business to get more electric cars on the road. His idea behind this was that electric cars do not release harmful gases into the atmosphere. Elon Musk thinks that this is one way to help reduce climate change without hurting the farmers.

Personally, I do not think that the electric cars will make climate change any better. They cause many more bad gases to be released in the making and disposing of the batteries for these cars. However, I do appreciate Elon Musk sticking up for the farmers. He realizes that if the farming industry gets restrictions, the country will very likely run out of food. 

Do you believe in Climate Change?

Is putting farmers out of work the right way to fix Climate Change?

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/elon-musk-delivers-strong-message-for-struggling-farmers

https://www.entrepreneur.com/green-entrepreneur/heres-what-elon-musk-really-thinks-about-climate-change/441739

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that farmers are probably a partial reason of climate change, but I don't think that we need to put farmers out of work even if this is true. We can put up with a little bit of climate change so that we can use fertilizer and raise livestock. Gotta feed the world somehow.

• No I believe climate change isn't farmers fault. The farmers do there best by feeding our country. Climate change isn't that big of a problem in my opinion. I think the news makes a big deal out of it to scare us. Our farmers are doing a great job and should keep doing what they're doing.

• I believe in climate change up to a point but I agree with you that the electric cars probably cause more pollution into the atmosphere. This is because it is so hard to dispose of their batteries and to make the batteries in general. The worst thing to do would be to put farmers out of work because that would cause many more problems.

• No, I dont believe in climate change. I think many of the democrats blame the farmers when there the ones that cause most of the polution in big citys. I think putting farming out would be stupid it would put so many people without a job and there wouldnt be as much food and all the food we get from farmers the prices would go way up. 

• No, I do not beleive in climate change and I think it is such a dumb cover up by liberals. They release way more toxins in the city and have no idea what farming takes. If they want farmers out of work people in the city would not survive and would realize how much farmers really do.

• I agree that the climate change whatnot that the governent is making a big deal out of is just a cover up. The people in Washinton D.C. have no idea what farming takes or anything about it. They just look down on farmers because they do not know the truth and they don't want to take the blame in the cities.

• I think that climate change is a real thing caused mostly by the human population. I do however think that putting farmers out of business is not the way to solve it. Although farming is a leading cause of climate change there are other factors that are much worse that would be easier to deal with.

• I agree that if climate change is truely a real thing, that there are much easier ways to deal with it that don't result in having the country run out of food. Knowing the governement, they would blame the farmers when the country ran out of food and say that it was all thier fault.

• I do believe that climate change is a real problem in the world today. i don't think that there is any real way to fix it, because i believe it is unavoidable. yes, there may be some ways to slow it down, but in the end, it's the circle of life.

• I agree that climate change is unavoidable. Everyone can try and blame each other for causing it, when it is really all of us. Good for those people who are trying to fix it, even when it is not a big deal. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker