Should every high-school grade have open campus?

First of all what is open campus? Open campus is where students will be able to leave school premises and they can be gone for that class/lunch period depending on what they have and when they have open campus. But as long if the student doesn't have any classes or enrolled in any classes to take, also they have to sign out and they can leave and once they come back they have to sign back in and they can go to their next class. Some schools have open campus when he/she is a junior or senior and they have completed the classes they needed for high-school and when you go into college you'll have open campus. I personally think that open campus is good and I think that they shouldn't take it away and it also helps with people's work. 

Open campus is a also a good thing to prove that who's responsible and to see if they can come to school back on time and if they won't miss their class/lunch period. I think that it's a good thing to have it cause students can get what they want to eat and they won't have to the school lunch. Also it gives he/she more freedom from the school and they can probably take a nap at home if they have enough time and they will be able to eat somewhere else. Open campus also allows students to gain independence, they can socialize with friends, they can even help increase business at resturants that they go to. It also helps earn the trust to the students when they have open campus and they can study if they have a big test or they want to study for a test and if they have enough time to do during open campus. 

In my opinion, I think that they shouldn't take away open campus and I think that they should allow every high-schooler to have open campus as long as they can be responsible and they don't ruin it for themselves. If they don't want to eat at school they can leave and go somewhere else to eat during lunch and I think that everyone junior/senior that has it likes open campus.

Do you think every high-schooler should have open campus?

Do you think that they should keep open campus?

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/open-campus#:~:text=Related%20Definitions&text=Open%20Campus%20means%20a%20policy,class%20during%20that%20class%20period.

https://www.ipl.org/essay/Benefits-Of-Open-Campus-P36G8T7ESJFR#:~:text=Having%20an%20open%20campus%20is,increase%20business%20at%20local%20restaurants.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think everyone should have open campus. Most students don't like the schools food so by having open campus they can have a good lunch and the resturants will have more money since they will have more business

• I agree with you because the students usually don't like the school lunches and they will help the business and the students won't have to go hungry.

• I think everyone should have open campus.  As you said it would increase business in some resturants. Most students don't like the lunch and would prefer to get lunch somewhere esle. I think they should keep open campus for the people that already have it

• I agree with you because if the students go to a resturants and they would help the resturants business and the students usually don't like the school lunches.

• I dont think people should because there gonna be a lot of people that will leave and come back late a lot because of that. they should keep it but they shouldn't let every grade have an open campus. and some people will get it taken away from the rest of the people. 

• I disagree with you because students might need the open campus to study or just relax from school and not be in school for 7 hours. But as long as they have passing grades and they are caught up.

• I don't think that all high school students should have the right have open camus. I think just juniors and seniors. I feel that freshman and sophmors can be a bit different and mess around when no one is watching. I feel some students aren't gonna use it right and it would be taken away. I think they should keep open camus because there isn't any harm being done. 

• I disagree with you because some freshman and sophmores won't mess around and some of then might use it right but they would have to have good grades and be all caught up in class.

• I think that not every high-schooler should have open campus. I think that only juniors and seniors should have open campus. I think this because freshman and Sophmore don't have much maturity and they would end up ruining it for everyone. Open campus helps keep morale up for students so I think that schools should keep it.

• I don't think all high schoolers should have open campus. I feel some younger people would abuse it. Also if everyone could all leave at the same time that would cause alot of problems in the parking lot and stuff. I like the way it is right now and think it should stay that way. But sometimes it sucks when the foods bad and you cant leave for lunch or if you board in study hall. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker