Should every high-school grade have open campus?

First of all what is open campus? Open campus is where students will be able to leave school premises and they can be gone for that class/lunch period depending on what they have and when they have open campus. But as long if the student doesn't have any classes or enrolled in any classes to take, also they have to sign out and they can leave and once they come back they have to sign back in and they can go to their next class. Some schools have open campus when he/she is a junior or senior and they have completed the classes they needed for high-school and when you go into college you'll have open campus. I personally think that open campus is good and I think that they shouldn't take it away and it also helps with people's work. 

Open campus is a also a good thing to prove that who's responsible and to see if they can come to school back on time and if they won't miss their class/lunch period. I think that it's a good thing to have it cause students can get what they want to eat and they won't have to the school lunch. Also it gives he/she more freedom from the school and they can probably take a nap at home if they have enough time and they will be able to eat somewhere else. Open campus also allows students to gain independence, they can socialize with friends, they can even help increase business at resturants that they go to. It also helps earn the trust to the students when they have open campus and they can study if they have a big test or they want to study for a test and if they have enough time to do during open campus. 

In my opinion, I think that they shouldn't take away open campus and I think that they should allow every high-schooler to have open campus as long as they can be responsible and they don't ruin it for themselves. If they don't want to eat at school they can leave and go somewhere else to eat during lunch and I think that everyone junior/senior that has it likes open campus.

Do you think every high-schooler should have open campus?

Do you think that they should keep open campus?

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/open-campus#:~:text=Related%20Definitions&text=Open%20Campus%20means%20a%20policy,class%20during%20that%20class%20period.

https://www.ipl.org/essay/Benefits-Of-Open-Campus-P36G8T7ESJFR#:~:text=Having%20an%20open%20campus%20is,increase%20business%20at%20local%20restaurants.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would like to see open-campus for every student in the high school. I think that if you have your work done, you don't have classes, and you have shown you are responsible, then you should be allowed to have open campus. I think that wile the idea of it is great, there are going to be people who abuse this privalige, and it will just be taken away again. I mean, we are high schoolers, there are plenty of us out there who are WAY to immature to take this seriously and who would ruin it for us. 

• I agree with you becuase some students might be responsible and they might want more freedom and there will be some people that will be immature and then they might ruin it for everybody.

• I think every highschooler, even the ones without license because they could go with someone that is 16 or they could go home should have open campus unless they have bad grades. If they have bad grades they need to stay and do their work and get their grades up. I think we can be responsible enough to leave and come back on time. 

• I agree with you becuase some hishschoolers that don't have a license they could be friends with 16 year olds and they won't have to get in trouble for being off-route.

• I think so with one exception. I think that an open campus is great for those who do not have to be at school. For example, if your work is done and you do not have a class to attend, you could go home (Possibly to get some housework done). That seems like a good idea. But if you do not have your work done I think that you should have to stay at school.

• I agree with you becuase some students have their work done and if they don't have any other work done they would want to leave and not eat the school lunch as long as they are responsible.

• I do think that every high-schooler should have open campus if their grades are up and they have a lincese that they may leave school. I don't think they should take it away. I could see how some people would take advatage of this but others need it.

• I agree with you because if their grades aren't up then they might want to get that up and they can have open campus and some people do need it and some other people take it as an advantage.

• I think that open campus should be allowed for juniors and seniors but freshman and sophmores should not get this privelage. The reasons being that some sophmores and freshman are not responsable enough to go and come back from school.

• I disgree because some students might be responsible for the privilage and they should get the chance but if they don't have passing grades then they shouldn't have open campus.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker