Senators in Tennessee getting expelled

Have you heard about the three democrats that protected their own congress? First, high school students started protecting gun rights in the state of Tennessee. This caught the attention of three employees that were working in the house. Two of the employees were black males and the other was a white female. During the protest the house was getting super mad cause the three employees were bringing thousands of people to help protect against gun rights. 

Second, the house decided to have a vote, which has only been used twice since the 1800s. Each of the employees got the chance to speak to the whole house for 20 minutes, to tell their story on why they protested. The first male spoke about how he wasn’t standing up for himself, he was standing up for the young teens. The second male spoke about how he wasn’t trying to cause any more harm to the house but the teens needed him. The woman spoke about how she was just trying to do what was right for her state. 

Third, the house had a vote and both the black guys got voted out and the one white female got to stay in the house by just one vote. Now people in Tennessee are protesting that it is both racist and sexist that the white female gets to stay and the other two men get expelled. The house starts saying that they need to get rid of the gun law because of the school shooting that took place in an elementary school. I can see why the house wants to get rid of the guns, but it is going to be hard to. 

Finally, to this day there are still people protesting on both sides of the dapate. Who knows how long this is going to last. First the fact that the house voted out the two black males and the white women was saying and doing just as much.

What are your thoughts about potesting?

Is the house being sexist or racist or both?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I havent heard sbout this protest but I think that it is freedom of speech and they should have been able to be there and protest. I think that letting the women stay but then voted out the men. I think that it probally was sexist to the males. 

• I agree its a freedom of speech.

• In general, I think that protests and demonstrations are very important as long as they are peaceful. It is important to be able to stand up for your own opinion. I don't that it was racist or sexist because the vote of the female was also very close and she only stayed by one vote. 

• I haven't heard a lot about this but I don't think any of them were in the wrong for trying to protect their rights. We have the right to protest peacefully and the government keeps trying to take it away just like everything else. I don't know if they were being racist/sexist or not because I don't know much about this story but maybe the women's "speech" was more professional/understanding than the others.

• I think that the choice to remove them from the house is correct kicking them out just because they want to protect children who are terrified to go to school is wrong. these teens were not rioting they were calm and just want to feel safe at their school.

• Yes I agree but they can't go against there own house. 

• I don't think that this was a decision based on the race of the two gentlemen who got voted out. No, I don't think that the two black men should've been kicked out and not the white woman. I think that it should've been an "all or nothing" vote for fairness' sake.

• I have not heard about this topic before but I think that having the first amandment should be something very imoportant to people. I also think that it is kinda messed up how they did not kick out the women but they kicked out the guy instead.

• I agree they should of kicked everyone out or kept everyone.

• I havent heard about this before but i think that having the liberty to protest is something very important that some poeple shpuld be able to do. i  think its wrong that they let the women stay but kicked out the men.  and it has been sexist and racist 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker