Senators in Tennessee getting expelled

Have you heard about the three democrats that protected their own congress? First, high school students started protecting gun rights in the state of Tennessee. This caught the attention of three employees that were working in the house. Two of the employees were black males and the other was a white female. During the protest the house was getting super mad cause the three employees were bringing thousands of people to help protect against gun rights. 

Second, the house decided to have a vote, which has only been used twice since the 1800s. Each of the employees got the chance to speak to the whole house for 20 minutes, to tell their story on why they protested. The first male spoke about how he wasn’t standing up for himself, he was standing up for the young teens. The second male spoke about how he wasn’t trying to cause any more harm to the house but the teens needed him. The woman spoke about how she was just trying to do what was right for her state. 

Third, the house had a vote and both the black guys got voted out and the one white female got to stay in the house by just one vote. Now people in Tennessee are protesting that it is both racist and sexist that the white female gets to stay and the other two men get expelled. The house starts saying that they need to get rid of the gun law because of the school shooting that took place in an elementary school. I can see why the house wants to get rid of the guns, but it is going to be hard to. 

Finally, to this day there are still people protesting on both sides of the dapate. Who knows how long this is going to last. First the fact that the house voted out the two black males and the white women was saying and doing just as much.

What are your thoughts about potesting?

Is the house being sexist or racist or both?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I haven't heard of this situation before or anything like it but it's definitely interesting. I do believe that a part of this was due to sexism and racism. I don't know much about this topic but the right to protest is still very important. It's wrong that they kicked out the men but let the woman stay.

• I agree its sexism and racism.

• I haven't heard about how the house has acting upon a situation like this. It just shows how biased we are as a nation. We pick and choose what laws we want to keep or get rid of, but how is that going to affect everyone. How will that change everyone's life based off of one law? We see how gun laws may not directly impact people, but there are ways around the rules, and it is why people are getting killed so easily today.

• I haven't heard about this before and I don't know much about it but I think that having the liberty to protest is something very important that people should be able to do. I think that the house is being racist and not treating this women farely. 

• I agree the women is getting treatened to well. 

• I feel the house was being racist. I think its wrong that they let the women stay but kicked out the men. Also I dont feel they should have gotten in a that much trouble because its a free country. They should be able to protest if they want. Good topic. 

• I agree they shouldn't have gotten in trouble it's a free country. 

• Protests are one of the fumdimental rights of human being, if something is being done that you don't want, you have every right protest their decision, unless these actions become violent then protests are completly fine. I think the house is being racist in this circumstance.

• I agree the house is being racist 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker