New semester test schedule?

Semester tests are just around the corner and every year in the past we have run the same schedule, and everyone including the teachers are okay with it. Until now someone decided they wanted to make some changes to our schedule, which I'll remind you has gone very well in the past years. Well this someone is proposing to take away some of our privileges including lunch open campus. Does she really expect us to sit in the lunchroom for an hour? I would rather go home and eat something edible rather than sit in the lunchroom for an hour on those uncomfortable chairs eating that awful food.

With this new schedule I also feel it could affect some of the students' test grades considering some of them are taking multiple tests a day therefore they need a proper break to refresh their minds but these shortened passing times will not help out at all with that.

In the end I really think it would be best if we just went back to our old schedule instead of trying to switch things up.

What do you think about the new schedule?

Do you feel like longer passing periods helped with preparing for tests?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree we've had this schedule for a long time and now she's changing it acting like we havn't done this for years already.

• I don't agree with the new schedule. I don't think that open campus should be taken from us lower classmen. It has not caused problems in previous years.  I also think that it could be mentally exhausting.  We are already taking plenty of tests. It doesn't help that we have to be at school for longer.

• I agree it should not be taken away from us and it is not fair at all for her to just walk in here and make whatever changes she wants.

• I think that this years schedule is very bad. There was no reason to change it, and how she did change it is very bad. Kids don't have time prepare in between test and we will be sitting in the lunch room forever, especially depending where you study hall falls during the schedule.

• I personally think that this years semester test schedule is terrible and we should just go back to the other one. I got used to the last one and had to freedom and the time to study before classes. I went out and ate and had no problem with the test this year we have no time for anything.

• Since I am a freshman, this schedule is newer to me. But I have heard a lot of upper classman complain about this schedule. Most say that it doesn't give them enough freedom and is making them stay in school for a longer time then they need to. Over all, from what I have heard the schedule should change back to what is was in the previous years. 

• Yes I agree we got to experience it as freshman and so should you guys.

• I think that the semester test schedule should still be the same from the previous year because it has worked out for how long and I think the passing time should be longer than five minutes because each student does things differently and after taking a test and sitting in a classroom for an hour and 15 minutes some students need time to refresh on things for there next test personally I think that the grades this year for testing may be worse than the previous years. 

• I personally don't like this new schedule compared to the one we had last year. I don't think it's fair that only juniors and seniors have open campus now compared to earlier years when everyone had that privilege. I also think that the passing periods should be longer than just five minutes.

• As a freshman the schedule is new to me and I really have no say if it is better or not then from years past. But I would have to agree that students may need more of a break in between test to be fully reset and be able to have there best test scores show.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker