New semester test schedule?

Semester tests are just around the corner and every year in the past we have run the same schedule, and everyone including the teachers are okay with it. Until now someone decided they wanted to make some changes to our schedule, which I'll remind you has gone very well in the past years. Well this someone is proposing to take away some of our privileges including lunch open campus. Does she really expect us to sit in the lunchroom for an hour? I would rather go home and eat something edible rather than sit in the lunchroom for an hour on those uncomfortable chairs eating that awful food.

With this new schedule I also feel it could affect some of the students' test grades considering some of them are taking multiple tests a day therefore they need a proper break to refresh their minds but these shortened passing times will not help out at all with that.

In the end I really think it would be best if we just went back to our old schedule instead of trying to switch things up.

What do you think about the new schedule?

Do you feel like longer passing periods helped with preparing for tests?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that it's not far to the 9th grader's not having open campus during lunch and we were able to last year.I think that the schedule should of stayed the same because we don't get the same ammount of time to get to class and use the restroom or fill water bottle up.

• I hate this new rule that Ms Ring has enforced on our semeester test schedule. What was the reasoning of takking a schedule that everybody was used to and liked. Nobody wants this dang schedule and she should understand where we are coming from.

• Personally, I loved the semester test schedule. I actually used a lot of the 30 mins given between classes to study. Now we have 5 minutes between tests. Students need a break from test to test to test. Clearly most people don't like this schedule and want the old one back. So let the student's voices be heard. 

• I think that we should go back to our normal schedule. I didn't find anything wrong with the schedule we had last year. The hrs I feel are a little too long with just the 5 minute brakes. I don't want to sit that long and I feel our brains need brakes from the last test. I also think it is dumb that we can't have open campus other than junors and senors.

• In my personally opinion, I think that we should go back to our old semester test schedule. I do not think that five minutes is nearly enough time to decompress from the last test and prepare for the upcoming one. I do not understand why we would try to get rid of the longer passing period at all. 

• Yes I think this new principal is insane thinking thats enough time for us to have a break and get to our next class.

• I don't agree with the semester test at all. It doesn't really give us a long break like we used to have I think that having passing periods for a longer amount of time would of helped out alot better.

• I agree 100%, I hope shes not suprised when she sees our test grades are crap becuase we didnt have enough time to have a break.

• I dont like the new schedule at all. I think for semester tests, 5 minutes to get to classes is not enough. If your all the way across the school it might take 2-3 minutes to get to class and if you need to use the bathroom another 2 minutes. Not to mention if your late, you fail and you cant leave the classroom once your in there. We had our schedule the way it was for a reason so I dont understand why she needed to change it. I hope she notices the drop in our schools grades on these tests. 

• I don't like the new schedule for semester tests. It doesn't give students a very long break which is really needed after taking difficult tests. We also don't have open campus for lunch so there will be a lot of people in the lunch room. I don't think they should have changed it because we never had a problem with the old schedule. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker