New semester test schedule?

Semester tests are just around the corner and every year in the past we have run the same schedule, and everyone including the teachers are okay with it. Until now someone decided they wanted to make some changes to our schedule, which I'll remind you has gone very well in the past years. Well this someone is proposing to take away some of our privileges including lunch open campus. Does she really expect us to sit in the lunchroom for an hour? I would rather go home and eat something edible rather than sit in the lunchroom for an hour on those uncomfortable chairs eating that awful food.

With this new schedule I also feel it could affect some of the students' test grades considering some of them are taking multiple tests a day therefore they need a proper break to refresh their minds but these shortened passing times will not help out at all with that.

In the end I really think it would be best if we just went back to our old schedule instead of trying to switch things up.

What do you think about the new schedule?

Do you feel like longer passing periods helped with preparing for tests?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• in my opinion we should have stuck with the old schedule and not changed a thing. I think that not letting half of the students have open campus like other years is unfair and wastful. I dont agree with the fact that we have to stay in the lunch room for more than an hour and are not allowed to go home. 

• I don not think this new semester test schedule is not gonna help at all. No open campus is unethical and down right stupid if I wanted to spend an hour doing nothing and siting in a uncomfortable chair I'll go back to a classroom.

• Exaclty, I agree she expects us to sit on our butts and do nothing for an hour in this school. 

• I do not like this new scedule at all, even if i was in 11th grade and could leave I would still be upset over it, there should be more time in between the scedules so people have time to study, it doesnt give teachers any time to prep at all. I think we should be able to leave for lunch and study hall becasue i have those two back to back and i dont have anything to do during that time.

• I agree we need way more time to get ready for our next test and prepare for it but with this new scedule we have 0 time to do that

• I do not like the new schedule at all, I think it is completely unfair to the students. I think it puts a lot of extra pressure on teachers and students. It does not give teachers and students any time between classes. The teachers will not have any time to prepare for their next class. I think it should be the same as last years. 

• I think all students in highschool should be able to leave for lunch. I think it gives students a free time to relax after a long day of tests. Now for the freshamn and sophmores they have to stay at school all day. I think we should go back to the old schedule. I think the extra 15 minutes to each class wont be so bad.

• I agree we should be aloud to leave for lunch it is not okay for her to just change this and not give us any break time.

• Ok, so we only have 5 minutes to get from one class to another. So we won't have enough time to study for the next test. ok yeah, there is a study time in the morning but nobody will want to go to that. 9th and 10th graders don't get open campus what is that we got it last year and everyone showed up. I feel like we should just go back to the old schedule and call it a day. 

• I think that last years schedule was very good. It gave students time to study in between classes and gave students the freedom and independence. This years schedule only gives us 5 minutes in between class periods. That is no time to study for tests, and barely gives us time to use the bathroom. Another thing longer passing periods are good for is giving you a break from work and letting you recover.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker