Netflix or Disney Plus?

Netflix or Disney Plus? We all enjoy watching movies and shows without ads, but which one is better? 

Netflix has many varieties of shows and movies. Comedy, horror, romantic, all the way too action. Founded in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California, it offers more genres and even produces their own films and shows, known as Netflix Originals. As of late September Netflix has over two hundred subscribers around the world. Which includes 73.3 million in the United States and Canada, 73.0 million in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 39.6 million in Latin America and 34.8 million in the Asia-Pacific region. It’s also available in 4K resolution. Netflix has a predominant adult audience. But It does have an option for a kids account that restricts inappropriate content.

Unlike Netflix, Disney Plus has Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Disney Plus was launched on November 12, 2019, in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands, and to Australia, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico a week later. It has over one hundred and sixty subscriptions since October 2022.  Disney is able to be streamed in resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD in Dolby Vision. In early 2018, Disney's streaming distribution deal with Netflix ended in 2019, Disney took the opportunity to use technologies being developed for ESPN+ to make a Disney-branded streaming service that would feature its own content. Amazingly Disney Plus gained over 10 million subscriptions within the first day of it being launched.

So Disney is more appropriate for little kids, but Netflix has more genres. We all love a good movie to relax. But I personally think Disney Plus is better than Netflix. Although Netflix does have its perks, Disney gives me a nostalgic feeling that makes me feel happy and safe. I think we all have our comfort movies, who doesn’t!  Nexflix will always have better shows than Disney if we are talking about mature teen entertainment. But if you are looking for a memory to be unlocked and a good laugh I'd go with disney.

Which one do you prefer, Netflix or Disney Plus and why?

What’s your go-to when you think of your comfort movies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netflix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%2B

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Although Disney Plus has a lot of good movies and shows to watch, I've always preferred Netflix. Netflix has a wider variety than Disney Plus. My go-to streaming site is Netflix, the majority of the shows I watch are streamed there. 

• I would prefer Netflix over Disney Plus. Netflix has a much bigger variety of shows and movies. I feel like Netflix is targeted more toward "older people" and Disney Plus is targeted more toward "younger" kids. I do watch both, but I defiantly watch Netflix way more often than I watch Disney Plus. When I think of watching a comfort movie I usually would probably search for a romance movie or some type of sad movie. 

• I disagree that netflix is better, but i love romantic movies and netflix does have alot of them.

• My go-to would definitely be Netflix, just because Netflix has a wider variety and has some Disney movies as well, it's kind of like a mix of everything. Netflix is my preferred choice when wanting a good movie to watch as well because they have some good older movies, but also some great new ones as well, and they have a pretty good selection of Netflix originals as well.

• I prefer Netflix because it has more variety. Disney plus is good occasionally but It can get boring.  I watched a lot of Disney as a kid so I've seen a lot of movies. I like that Netflix has different shows for different age groups. I also like the Netflix originals. 

• I perfer Netflix. Because, they have way more movie and shows then Disney Plus. It also made for older people so its not all Pg13. I only watch Disney Plus when im with my dad or grandpa. My comfort movie/show on netflix is probably greys anatomy and my comfort movie on Disney Plus is Stitch. 

• I disagree that Netflix is better, but im in love with stitch, and greys anatomy is a really good show.

• I personally prefer Netflix because it has more variety of series and movies and has allso the option of adapting the profile so there is only kids shows available. I would say comedy and romance are my favourite type of movies and the ones I enjoy the most watching. 

• I prefer netflix for mostly everything, but they have been going downhill for a few years because they are removing shows or cancelling them. Disney plus is on the very limited on what they can show since it is strictly companies owned by Disney, which is a lot. Disney Plus has lots of movies and they are better than netflix in that department but netflix has more shows and they are better than disney.

• I disagree that netflix is better than disney, but i do agree that disney has some movies that are better than netflix's.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker