Nashville School Shooting Breakdown

On March 27th, a private christian school in Nashville Tennesee was attacked and an active shooter was in the building killing students and adults. 28 year old Audrey Hale shot fataly and killed 6 total people. 3 Children and 3 Staff members and adults were shot dead that day. Hale was originaly a student that went to school in Nashville and was transgender. Days before the shooting she had mapped up a perimeter and multiple maps and routes of the school to plan a deadly attack.

She entered the building around noon pulling up in her small grey car and entered by shooting out the glass from the front two doors. She had 3 weapons: a Kel-Tec Sub-2000, an AR Pistol, and an MP Sheild Pistol. Her rampage lasted around 14 minutes before she was shot dead on the second floor by officers. Before Hale went on her killing spree, she sent an instagram chat to someone saying she did not want to live anymore and what she was about to do will look bad without context; meaning she knew what she would do is a horrific crime that people that are mentally insane would commit.

So far, no motive has been confirmed but some people are hovering around the idea that she was transgender and recently passed laws in Tenessee that completely banned gender-affirming health care that are puberty blockers and will slow down hormones and did her terroristic acts as sort of a protest. The two officers who shot and killed Audrey Hale were praised by Drake, the head of police for taking down the threat immediately because if they waited any longer then it could have gotten way worse very fast. Even though some people tragically lost their life, the police did an outstanding job taking down the threat fast unlike some school shootings in the past like Uvalde which could have became way less lethal of a turnout. 

Sources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSGIIrg-_c&t=140s

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/29/us/nashville-tennessee-school-shooting-what-happened/index.html

What are your thoughts?

What do you think her motive was?

Have you heard about this yet?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that what happened was horrible. She was definitely mentally ill to even think about doing this to other people. Since she went to that school, I would assume that something bad happened to her while she was there. That doesn't make it excusable, but she was probably bullied. 

• I think that we should start doing something about these school shootings that are rapidly increasing. Wether it's more control or more security at school, students should be able to walk into school and feel safe. Some students and teachers are constantly worrying about the thought of not making it home at the end of the school day because of these school shootings.

• I have heard about this and it is a terrible thing to hear about another school shooting. Sadly, mass shootings are becoming more and more common in the U.S. The shooter's motive probably had to do with bullying during her school years and as an act of protest.

• I heard about this a few days ago when I asked my mom why the flags were being lowered. I think that this was a horrific event that sadly is happening all around the world. There have been so many shootings recently which is sad.

• I think that we need to start doing something about this. I feel as if we are not doing enough about these situations.  I think that we need to allow teachers to carry in schools.  I would feel comfortable with the teachers carrying in school if they are comfortable around guns.

• I think that it is a terrible thing that has happened, and schools should never be the target of someone's hysterics. My parents were actually in Nashville when it happened so it was very interesting to get their count of the story, but I wish it never happened.

• The shootings make me sick to my stomach and I think it is horrifying for the other students and their families. The fact the shooter was trans shows how sick they are and really need mental help. I think her motive was against Christian's which is very sick and this just proves how mentally ill trans and gay people are although the media won't admit that.

• All shootings make me feel very sad for all the victims and their families. I think her motive could have had something to do with the fact that she was transgender and that there was a new law in Tenessee that makes it harder for people to be transgender. 

• I feel really sad for the families and I do think that she was mentally ill. As a transgender she disagreed with christian beliefs and I think that was part of her motive, which is horrbile. Whatever motive she had was unacceptable, it was a terrible thing and she has traumitized many families and people by doing this and that upsets me. 

• I think that mass shootings like this are so sad. I think that their is always a motive behind why the person does it. I think she was clearly not okay mentally and I wish she could have gotten help before she did this. The families that are suffering from this loss must be going through so much.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker