Nashville School Shooting Breakdown

On March 27th, a private christian school in Nashville Tennesee was attacked and an active shooter was in the building killing students and adults. 28 year old Audrey Hale shot fataly and killed 6 total people. 3 Children and 3 Staff members and adults were shot dead that day. Hale was originaly a student that went to school in Nashville and was transgender. Days before the shooting she had mapped up a perimeter and multiple maps and routes of the school to plan a deadly attack.

She entered the building around noon pulling up in her small grey car and entered by shooting out the glass from the front two doors. She had 3 weapons: a Kel-Tec Sub-2000, an AR Pistol, and an MP Sheild Pistol. Her rampage lasted around 14 minutes before she was shot dead on the second floor by officers. Before Hale went on her killing spree, she sent an instagram chat to someone saying she did not want to live anymore and what she was about to do will look bad without context; meaning she knew what she would do is a horrific crime that people that are mentally insane would commit.

So far, no motive has been confirmed but some people are hovering around the idea that she was transgender and recently passed laws in Tenessee that completely banned gender-affirming health care that are puberty blockers and will slow down hormones and did her terroristic acts as sort of a protest. The two officers who shot and killed Audrey Hale were praised by Drake, the head of police for taking down the threat immediately because if they waited any longer then it could have gotten way worse very fast. Even though some people tragically lost their life, the police did an outstanding job taking down the threat fast unlike some school shootings in the past like Uvalde which could have became way less lethal of a turnout. 

Sources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSGIIrg-_c&t=140s

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/29/us/nashville-tennessee-school-shooting-what-happened/index.html

What are your thoughts?

What do you think her motive was?

Have you heard about this yet?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that this person is a very bad person. It is sad that some families won't be the same again because of this shooting. I think she was sick in the head and was figuring out a way to do some terrible things. I have heard about this and it is a terrible thing that this person did.

• Mass shootings like this are extremely sad. It's pretty obvious that the shooter was mentally ill and sick. I can't even imagine the pain that their family and friends have to go through. I believe something needs to be done to solve this insane amount of mass shootings.

• I think that what happened was awful. She was definitely mentally ill, to even think about doing this to other people. Since she went to that school, I would assume that maybe something bad happened to her while she was there. That doesn't make it excusable, but she could have been bullied potentially when she went there. 

• I have heard quite a few things about this shooting, mainly because it is causing people to want to ban guns. But I don't think it's the guns that are the problem. I think the problem is the parents. Most of the time parents are the ones that give the children trauma or don't care about their child making them mentally unstable and letting them change their gender, which causes more and more problems.

• I can't imagine there families and friends. I believe the shooter was a psychotic and mentally ill person. It was a transgender person that was really messed up in the head. I think Biden needs to recognize these christian kids instead of the dumb mentally ill transgender people. Our president and media is evil.

• In my opion I would agree with the fact that this is awful, younge kids shouldn't have to see there friends dead from a mass shooting. I can't even magin what the parents of the younge kids are going through. I feel mad every time there is a mass shooting in a school.

• I dont know how somebody can go into a school and shoot kids like this when they have done nothing wrong to the shooter. This is a serious mental illness that needs to be irraticated in our country and the modern world. I don't care what her motive was she still shouldn't have done it.

• This was an awful thing that happened, and many people are going to put the blame on guns. Without the gun, she wouldn't have been able to shoot the kids and staff. BUT, it's not the gun's fault that they were shot. The gun cannot get legs and walk over to the school and start firing off. It is the person. Why punish everyone, and take away guns, when it's just a few people? 

• I think its crazy that many kids have to go through this and tha twe have to have drills for it to. I dont understand what goes through someones mind to go and kill many little innocent kids at school. I dont know what there motive is other than there psychotic. I have heard about it and when ever I hear about school shootings it makes my stomach drop. 

• I think that this was an awful thing. We need to do something to prevent these types of shootings. I think that she had a mental illness that made her messed up that she wanted to change her gender and then shoot up a school. I also think she was trying to get some sort of revenge because of the trans - gender health care law.  

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker