Thirty two year old Lindsay Clancy is accused of assault, strangulation, and murder of her five year old daughter Cora, 3 year old son Dawson, and 8 month old son Callan. Her children were found in the basement of their Duxbury, Massachusetts home on January 25th. 

Donna Jesse who is a relative of the Clancy family said, "They were just beautiful children. Well cared for. They were just beautiful."

Lindsay Clancy jumped out of a window and her husband called 911 on January 24th. According to Cruz, Duxbury first responders discovered threee children unconscious inside the couple's home. % year old Cora Clancy and 3 year old Dawson, were pronounced dead. The 8 month old was flown to Boston Children's Hospital with traumatic injuries. Callan Clancy, 8 month old, was prounounced dead on January 27th. 

The DA has announced that she would face charges including murder, stragulation, assault, and batter with a deadly weapon.

Patrick Clancy, the husband, has forgave Lindsay Clancy and he wants the whole world to forgive her. Postpartum depression is really serious and Lindsay was obviously not in the right mind and postpartum depression can make you do things and think things you don't actually mean. She truly loved her kids so much and so many people could tell that she loved them a lot.

Do you think that Lindsay Clancy deserves to be in jail for a long time? Why?

Do you think that post partum depression had any part of this?

Do you think Lindsay Clancy should be forgavine? 

Source: https://abc7chicago.com/lindsay-clancy-update-duxbury-massachusetts/12768439/

https://www.kplctv.com/2023/02/03/woman-accused-killing-her-children-reportedly-had-postpartum-depression/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I believe she should be sent to jail or placed in a mental hospital. Postpartum depression may have been the reason, however, she still murdered 3 children. She should be forgiven, but she needs to mentally stabilize before she can receive sympathy. 

• I think that instead of sending her to jail she should go to a mental hospital and get the help she needs. Obviously, she was not in the right mindset to be taking care of her kids. I think that what she did is inexcusable but she should still get the help she needs. I think post partum depression had a big play in this. 

• I think that shoe should have to go to jail this is bad when I clicked on this story I didn't think it was going to be this bad she needs a long time in jail so horrible to think that she doesn't need to be put in jail. I feel like post-trauma could be part of it but I don't think it was the full story of it. yes, I believe she should forgive everyone who deserves forgiveness no matter what.

• I think that Lindsay Clancy deserves a large sentence in jail. I think this because murder is bad enough but to do that to your own children is terrible. I think that any depression is fake. I think that she should not be forgiven for her awful crime.

• I don't think that she deserves to be in jail for too long. She was going through a lot, and although she should have saught help, if her husband can forgive her the rest of the world should be able to.  Their family can also seek closure in the fact that those kids are with God now.

• I think that Lindsay Clancy needs a ton of help. Killing her kids was murder, no matter the cause, so she needs to spend time in jail. Although, before that happens, she needs to go to a mental hospital or get a really good therapist. I wouldn't forgive her because this entire situation was prevantable if only she had gotten the help she needed.

• Post-partum depression is a very serious issue and many people do not take it seriously. It makes thousands of women kill themselves, kill their children, or just not be able to get out of bed. I believe she should get jail time, what she did was awful. But I also believe that she needs mental help, I really hope she is able to get the care she needs. 

• I think postpartum depression is real. I think her depression caused her to do what she did, but she still killed three young children. I get that she could have gotten help for her post partum depression, but maybe she was ashamed. Maybe she felt like she would be judged by others. I think she should be forgiven some day, but I feel like it would be hard for people to forgive her for killing innocent children.

• I believe post partum depression is real. I believe if effects people and makes them say/do things they don't mean. unfortunately, she still killed her children. There were many other things she could have done. She should have gotten help, and maybe even went and stayed somewhere else without her children. 

• I do believe that post-partum depression is a real and serious issue. She still killed three children though. I do think that she should be in prison and get help. In the end, I think that depression is no excuse to murder her children. I do believe everyone deserves forgiveness but that doesn't mean this situation will be forgotten.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker