Man Kidnaps and Strands Women With Special Needs

John Chapman of Pennsylvania has been accused of kidnapping Jaime Faden, a woman with special needs. The two met at a school for students with special needs, and Chapman would stay with her at her home in Bethel Park. John promised Faden a desert photo shoot, so the two drove from Pennsylvania to Las Vegas. When they got to the desert, he tied her to a sign post and duct taped her nose and mouth causing her to suffocate and die. Chapman reached out to Fadens family through her Facebook messenger account, making them believe it was her. Chapmans wife admitted he had told her that he had killed Faden. He has been charged with kidnapping, obstruction, and a few other crimes but he was not charged with Homicide. 

To read more click here

Why do you think he reached out to her family pretending to be her?

I think he also has a mental illness which probably explains why he killed her and reached out to her family afterward.

Do you think he should be charged with a homicide? Why or why not?

I think he should be charged with a homicide because he tied her up knowing she was going to die.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I am thinking that the man called the family in this fashion because he didn't want anybody to know that it was him. By calling the family he thought it would make it seem like it was just a normal day. I do think that his mental illness may have played a little bit into it as well. I don't know enough on this story to for sure state my opinion about whether or not he should be charged, but from what you said I am thinking he should. It is really a shame and there is no excuse for what he did to this woman. 

• Agreed!! Im sure he did not want people to know about what he just did to the girl, so he was trying to make sure no one found out. I think the family may have came looking for her if the parents didnt hear from one of the kids. I think that since he did kill the girl, he needs to be punished. 

• I agree, he was just making the family think she was alive and so they wouldn't get suspicious of anything and possibly call it in or report something. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker