kidnappings over spring break

Four Americnas were on spring break vacation when it took a very deadly turn. They were on their way to the city of Matamoros, Mexico. When they were first entering the city of Matamoros there was a very deadly shooting.  “All four Americans were placed in a vehicle and taken from the scene by armed men,” the FBI said. The bureau is offering a $50,000 reward for the victims’ return and the arrest of the kidnappers.

So far there has only been two of the four Americans found dead. A video was posted on social media showing men with assault rifles and tan body armor. Loading the four missing college kids onto the bed of a white pickup during the day so everyone could see. Only one seems to be alive and sitting up. The others looked either dead or very wounded. Only one person was able to lift his head from the pavement before being dragged to the truck.

However, One woman claims she saw the whole abduction. She said she saw the kids get thrown into the bed of a white truck. But she claims only 2 were alive at the time and the other 2 were dead being dragged on the ground to the truck. Once the news came back to Biden he tried making an agreement with the Mexican president but it didn't work well. After being held captive for many days the 2 students were finally found. They were unharmed and healthy. They are still in too much shock to explain what happened to the other 2. 

Video shows 4 Americans kidnapped in Mexico after shootout

If you go on vacation during spring break whould you go to mexico after this story?

Why do you think they didnt kill all of them?

Do you think the women actually witnessed it all?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No, I would not go to certain parts of Mexico for spring break. I have heard many stories about people going to certain parts of Mexico and never making it back home. Going to resorts are the safest option when travelling to Mexico, and you shouldn't leave the resort once you arrive on it.

• I think if I had a trip planned to Mexico I would go after hearing this story but I don't plan on going right now. I don't know why they killed all of them but the money was probably the thing the armed men was most interested in was the money. I don't know if the women actually witnessed or not.

• No, I don't think I would've went to Mexico in the first place. I've already heard many stories on why you shouldn't go to certain parts of Mexico as a tourist. I don't know why they didn't kill all of them, the only thing I could think of is for money, and you'd get more if they were still alive.

• Yes, If I had a plan to go to mexico I would still go their because I don't think that they would do it right when I would be there and they normally have specifc targets as they say on the news. I Don't know why they didn't kill them all. Yes I think that the women did watch all of it or most of it.

• I don't think that I would even go on spring break, I would probably go home and see my family. It is also over Easter break which would give lots of time to spead time with people who are normally in school but would also be off with me.  I don't know why, but maybe they felt guilty after killing the first 2.

• I am not sure if I would go on spring break anywhere if I read and considered all the stories. There are issues no matter where you go. Maybe the killer just wanted two but couldn't get them alone, maybe he ran out of energy to kill the others, or maybe he started to feel remorse and didn't want to kill them. It is possiable that the women did see it all but also possiable that she just wants attention or the reward.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker