Japans rivers are drying up.

Most of all the rivers in Japan are dried up or will be at an alarming rate. There agriculture has been down due to the lack of rain. And sunken ships are showing up in the water in Japan and even China.

First, the rainfall in Japan has been down over 45% in this year. There agriculture side has taken a huge tole from this. Even though agriculture only makes up 10% of their economy, a lot of people rely on farmers for food.

Second, from the water level being so low many things in the water are starting to show up again. So far there have been seen as many as 20 German warships from WWII. There has also been a “circle of megaliths” from 5000BC found in Spain.

What would you think if you lived there?

What do you think caused this? 

https://www.buddhistdoor.net/news/climate-change-ancient-buddhist-statues-emerge-from-chinas-drought-stricken-yangtze-river/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would be very worried if I lived in Japan. Water is critical to our everyday diets.  Water is also critical to agricultural needs.  We need water to help grow our agricultural crops. I'd be very worried if I lived in Japan.  I wonder what is causing the water to fall at such an alarming rate.

• I would be worried that they wouldn't have any water left in their rivers and their economy would take a hit. and i think the reason this is happing is because of global warming and it heating up the earth so the water is evaporating. 

• I think the main cause of the rivers in Japan and China drying is global warming and the intense rise of the heat. I think that people who live in Japan and China will start moving to other countries such as the USA, Canada, ect. I think that many people will start to come up with solutions to stop this problem.

• i agree with you because they have a record high heat there. and maybe it could cause people to move. 

• I would be worried if I lived in Japan right now because the water levels are getting so low that sunken ships have shown up and warships from WWII. The rainfall in Japan is down over 45% which means the farmers and people of Japan have to use about half as much water as they're used to. There also might not be as much food because the farmers may not be able to supply as much due to the lack of water. 

• I would be worried that they wouldn't have any water left in there rivers and there economy would take a hit. and i think the reason this is happing is because of global warming and it heating up the earth so the water is evaperating. 

• I would be worried that there would not be enough water to meet the human needs. There could not be enough water for agriculture which then there could be a shortage on food and water to drink. I think climate change could've possibly affected this. Or it is the population growing which means more water needs to be used and that water might come from rivers.

• If I had lived there I would be concerned becuase of lack of water in the rivers and the lack of rainfall because water is needed to have a succesful crop for food. I beleive climate change is causing this becuase of how hotter tempertures are are drying up the soil faster and drying up the rivers faster.

• I don't need to live in Japan in order to be very concerned about this situation. But I would probably be even more worried if I lived in Japan. And I think it's pretty serious if warships are showing up. Global warming and climate change in overall is probably one huge factor. If we don't take action against climate change very soon, not only Japans rivers will be drying up.

• I think that global warming might play a part in the way the water is drying up.  If I lived in Japan, I would probably either find another crop to plant that could be flexible with the water intake, or could possibly try and find historical artifacts that are in the rivers, so that they could make some profit for their family to survive. They could also study and/or find a new job. By studying they could learn more about history, and as more artifacts pop up, they could get a job at a museum or something like that  instead of finding a newcrop or just hoping for the best with their old crop. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker