Near the end of the 2022 college football season, Deion Sanders became the coach of the Colorado Buffalos football team.  He was previously had come from an HBCU program at Jackson State University.  At Jackson State, Deion Sanders went 27-6. However, Deion Sanders never won a bowl game in his tenure at Jackson State. He coached for three years at Jackson State. He coached his son, Shaduer Sanders, at Jackson State. His son followed him to Colorado and will play quarterback for the Buffaloes’ 2023 season. However, Deion Sander has brought a lot of publicity to the Colorado football program. He sold their spring game out for the first time in program history.

Many believe this is an excellent hire for the Colorado Buffaloes program. However, Deion Sander has created some problems. Since Deion Sanders has taken over at Colorado, there have been 41 Colorado football players that have entered the transfer portal. The NCAA allows 105 Athletes to be rostered on the first day of class or the first game, whichever comes first.  Almost half of the eligible roster has transferred out of Colorado. Could this be from other reasons rather than Deion Sanders’ coaching style? Yes. However, he has kicked people out of the weight room for wearing the wrong socks. He has also implemented a new dress code to wear around campus and to team meetings. 

Personally, I’d still play for Deion Sanders. I know that he’s very strict and he wants it to be done his way, but I like that he has a goal in mind. He wants to win really badly. As long as his players still there buy into his ideology, I think he will be just fine. It will be interesting to see how he does this year in his new coaching job.

Would you play for a Coach as Strict as Deion Sanders?

Do you think that he is too strict?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't really understand why so many players are exiting out. I think Deion is taking to much talented players in that the old players won't have a chance to play. I think the transfer portal is also playing a big role on showing new oppurtunities elsewhere. I think Deion isn't a strict coach. I think he is just trying to keep everyone accountable.

• I believe that the players are leaving because of how strict he is. I don't agree with it. I think that they are soft

• bump

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker