Should the driving age be lower?

As you know some teens when they turn 14 can get their permit and get their license when they’re 16. But, in North and South Dakota you can get your permit at 14 but you can get your license at 15 and in New Jersey, you can’t drive until you’re 17. This age range is also about maturity and responsibility for the teen; more than 4,000 teens die each year in car accidents. In 2013 1.25 million people died in vehicle-related accidents. 

Some teens act mature but some also don't and there will be more accidents, I think if some teens can handle it, and some act like they are invincible and can start racing and all that kind of stuff. I believe that the age should be lower to 15 so you can get your license at 15 and not 16 because a lot of teens start working at 14 and some of the teen's parents won't be able to take them and they have some option know as walking or have a family member and sometimes the teen wants to walk even in the cold because they don't wanna waste money on gas. Some teens can handle it and I think that they should lower it because the teen is a lot busier when they turn 15 with school and sports and work. If they do lower the driving age it’ll be easier for the teens and the parents and they won’t get in trouble for going off their route or they won’t get their permit taken away or suspended. If they lower it I think a lot of families will be happy 

In my opinion, the age should be lowered to 15 to get your license because like I said teens will get busier when they turn 15 with school, sports, and work, and if they can get their license then it will be easier for them and the parents. I think that if the age to get your license goes lower to 15 then I think that it will b easier like I said for teens and parents and the parents won't have to contact family members or the teens don't have to walk to work. 

Do you think the driving age should be higher or lower and why?

If the driving should be lower or higher what age should it be?

Do you think it'll be easier for the families or harder?

https://www.safewise.com/faq/auto-safety/raise-driving-age/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that 16 is a good age for people to get their license and shouldn't be lower. It definitely depends on the person but most teenagers at the age of 16 are responsible and mature enough to drive and be safe while doing it.

• In my opion I think that the legal driving age in Iowa that is 16. Is a perfect age to be able to drive by yourself anywhere. First, it gives you 2 years to be able to learn how to drive to school and back home. It makes you feel more comfortable with driving before you go anywhere. 

• I agree but it would be hard for some parents with dropping them off anywhere like sports, work-wise but some parents will figure it out.

• I think the legal age to drive at 16 is the perfect age. At 16 most students are getting jobs and are going out with their friends and doing school things. Sure you can say they're doing that at 15 too, but an extra year of driving practice should stay before they can go on the road.

• I agree but I think that it should be 16 because, by the age of 15, the kid will be busier than normal once time goes on with work and other things without there parent taking them.

• I think that the driving age is good where it is, its just where kids are getting responsibull enough to be safe on the road and to know what they are doing, and to the age where parents can trust them, I wouldn't change the driving age

• I disagree because some kids can be safe and they won't have to make their parents take them to where ever they go.

• I think you should get a school permit when you are 14 and when you turn 15 you should get your driver's license. I think If the driving age was lowered it would be easier for parents because they do not have to get their kids to practice. 

• I agree because like you said that it'll be easier for the parents since the kid will have to work and everything like that for the parents won't take them to work or anything.

• I feel it should not be higher. I think the driving age seems young currently. I feel if it was any lower there would be more accidents. Also, that would increase the number of drivers on the rodes which would be worse for the environment. Good topic.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker