Should the driving age be lower?

As you know some teens when they turn 14 can get their permit and get their license when they’re 16. But, in North and South Dakota you can get your permit at 14 but you can get your license at 15 and in New Jersey, you can’t drive until you’re 17. This age range is also about maturity and responsibility for the teen; more than 4,000 teens die each year in car accidents. In 2013 1.25 million people died in vehicle-related accidents. 

Some teens act mature but some also don't and there will be more accidents, I think if some teens can handle it, and some act like they are invincible and can start racing and all that kind of stuff. I believe that the age should be lower to 15 so you can get your license at 15 and not 16 because a lot of teens start working at 14 and some of the teen's parents won't be able to take them and they have some option know as walking or have a family member and sometimes the teen wants to walk even in the cold because they don't wanna waste money on gas. Some teens can handle it and I think that they should lower it because the teen is a lot busier when they turn 15 with school and sports and work. If they do lower the driving age it’ll be easier for the teens and the parents and they won’t get in trouble for going off their route or they won’t get their permit taken away or suspended. If they lower it I think a lot of families will be happy 

In my opinion, the age should be lowered to 15 to get your license because like I said teens will get busier when they turn 15 with school, sports, and work, and if they can get their license then it will be easier for them and the parents. I think that if the age to get your license goes lower to 15 then I think that it will b easier like I said for teens and parents and the parents won't have to contact family members or the teens don't have to walk to work. 

Do you think the driving age should be higher or lower and why?

If the driving should be lower or higher what age should it be?

Do you think it'll be easier for the families or harder?

https://www.safewise.com/faq/auto-safety/raise-driving-age/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• no the driving age is fine as it is and even then there a people that still choose to speed and drive recklessly and it can cause problems and crashes so if anything the driving age should be increased

• I disagree because if the driving age does get moved up then the parents and teenagers will get put hard things on their shoulders such as sports and work and school.

• I think that changing the age that you can get your license to 15 is not a bad idea. If some states already have the age at 15 and that is going fine then it's fine. I think that it will make it  easier for some families that have to pick up their kids from school and sports.

• I agree with you because the teen is a lot busier when they turn 15 because of work and sports. It also helps the teen and the families be easier if it was 15.

• I think the driving should be lowered to 15 as well. I understand many kids are not great drivers but there is only one way to learn. It is also different for me because I have been driving tractors, cars, skidloaders, fourwheelers, etc. since I was 5 years old.

• I agree because once they turn 15 then they start to get busy and they would have their parents take them and they could be busy but you probably have more experience than some because you have been driving since 5.

• In my opinion the driving age is good right now. By the age of 16 most teenagers already have previous experience driving and are mature enough to drive. I think making the driving age higher would make it harder for families because they would have to drive their kids everywhere while right know they don't have to worry about it.

• I agree with you because the kids will be more experience but they will also get busier by 15 if they can get 2 years of driving experience then it should stay where it's at.

• I think that the driving age is good where it is at. When you are 16 you have more than likely 2 years of driving already. I think that it would be hard to go back and make the driving age higher because everyone is used to it now. I think keeping it the same is not going to cause any stress on parents.

• I agree even though they will get busier but it also takes time and that if they have 2 years of driving then they should be able to drive around by themselves.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker