Is technology helping or slowing us down in the workforce?

Is technology helping or slowing us down in the workforce?

What do you guys think, is technology helping or slowing us down in the wor? In my opinion I can see it in both ways. For example, I think technology is more efficient in the workforce in today's world. It can also slow us down a bit but it just does the work for them. In this post I will talk about both the pros and cons of technology in the workforce in today’s world. 

What are the pros in having technology in the workforce in today's world? In today's world companies want to have the most technology so they can be most successful. In my dads company we are pretty old school. We keep our books in a journal. My parents are trying to find a spreadsheet that would make it go a lot faster to do billing. For example the bigger companies that have to keep track of more things, will be all electronically. In my opion I feel that the technology in today's world can go either way. Also, technology can be very helpful in factories. The machines nowadays are all run electronically, and it makes the process 100 times faster. The factories can ship stuff out faster and then they make a bigger profit off the sale for how fast they can make it. 

What are the cons in having technology in the workforce in today’s world? In today’s world all of the companies are trying to find ways to improve their business. So, most companies are using technology so the workers don’t have to do as much and the machines are a lot faster. If a company is using technology to make everything speed up, what if the machine shuts down and then stops working. Then you can’t ship supplies out fast enough and then customers get mad and might not ever order or have work done for them again. So, you lose a customer and it could be multiple ones. 

So, what do you think about having technology in today's workforce? In this post there are both the pros and cons of having technology do the work for you. All the companies in today’s world's main focus is to make everything as fast and efficient as possible. Either it is inside in an office or it is in a factory shipping supplies out to customers in need. 

https://www.protectedtrust.com/technology-in-the-workplace/

https://community.thriveglobal.com/the-pros-and-cons-of-technology-in-a-workplace/

Do you think technology is helping or slowing down the workforce?

Can technology improve anymore?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree it makes work faster and easier.

•  My opinion is that technology is helping the workforce and economy. Technology, like computers, has helped tremendously when it comes to office jobs, security, and getting work done and sent faster. Although people get laid off . Technology has helped and  accomplished mass produced things greatly, and as time goes on technology will only get more advanced in my opinion.

• Technology fuels our economy like gas to a car. Technology can be used in factories, mining, millitary, computing, security systems, you name it. No matter what industry you talk about some form of technology is present. 

• I feel like technology is helping the workforce and economy. Technology, like computers, has helped tremendously when it comes to office jobs, security, and getting work done and sent faster. I feel like technology can also be improved more, to the point that jobs can perform at astounding rates. Technology is very important. 

• I think that technology is helping the workforce. I think this because they can make things faster, and they also do not make as many errors humans always make errors robots don't. Though there is the though of people being replaced so more unemployment and if that happens then the more needed job will be poeple who can fix the robots so there will be more jobs just in different places. Also there will always be people who support small buisnesses so not everything will be done by robots.

• I think that having technology in todays economy is huge need, without it, you just can't be successful, not in today's world, I do think that technology is replacing human workers, but when it does, it does it better, faster and just overall better than the human worker which then opens up new options for jobs, so what I am saying is, the more jobs technology takes, the more it makes.

• I agree that technology is a huge need in the workplace today.

•  I think it is helping the workforce because it helps get things done, but i also think technology is slowing down people's ambition to get certain things done. technology will always improve and hopelfully aslways get better when they stop working there are people who can fix them

• I personally think that technology is speeding up the workforce, although it slows down some people's ambitions to get things accomplished. Technology has helped mass produced things greatly, and as time goes on technology will only get more advanced in my opinion. 

• technology can always improve weather it be a small amount or larger quantities technology will always improve and get better when they stop working there are people who can fix them so it really isnt slowing down the speed just changing how it works 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker