Is technology helping or slowing us down in the workforce?

Is technology helping or slowing us down in the workforce?

What do you guys think, is technology helping or slowing us down in the wor? In my opinion I can see it in both ways. For example, I think technology is more efficient in the workforce in today's world. It can also slow us down a bit but it just does the work for them. In this post I will talk about both the pros and cons of technology in the workforce in today’s world. 

What are the pros in having technology in the workforce in today's world? In today's world companies want to have the most technology so they can be most successful. In my dads company we are pretty old school. We keep our books in a journal. My parents are trying to find a spreadsheet that would make it go a lot faster to do billing. For example the bigger companies that have to keep track of more things, will be all electronically. In my opion I feel that the technology in today's world can go either way. Also, technology can be very helpful in factories. The machines nowadays are all run electronically, and it makes the process 100 times faster. The factories can ship stuff out faster and then they make a bigger profit off the sale for how fast they can make it. 

What are the cons in having technology in the workforce in today’s world? In today’s world all of the companies are trying to find ways to improve their business. So, most companies are using technology so the workers don’t have to do as much and the machines are a lot faster. If a company is using technology to make everything speed up, what if the machine shuts down and then stops working. Then you can’t ship supplies out fast enough and then customers get mad and might not ever order or have work done for them again. So, you lose a customer and it could be multiple ones. 

So, what do you think about having technology in today's workforce? In this post there are both the pros and cons of having technology do the work for you. All the companies in today’s world's main focus is to make everything as fast and efficient as possible. Either it is inside in an office or it is in a factory shipping supplies out to customers in need. 

https://www.protectedtrust.com/technology-in-the-workplace/

https://community.thriveglobal.com/the-pros-and-cons-of-technology-in-a-workplace/

Do you think technology is helping or slowing down the workforce?

Can technology improve anymore?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think technology is slowing down people's ambition to get things done, but technology is helping mass produce things. I think as time goes on technology will keep evolving. I don't think we see the peak in technology in our lifetime, but our grandkids will see it.

•  I think it is helping the workforce because it helps get stuff done. If we can't do something, we can program a computer to do it for us. It is helping us, but eventually it will take away jobs and it'll get harder to find a job.

• I think technology is helping speed up the workforce. They are getting it done 24/7 with no breaks and are less likely to have errors. Technology isnt perfect so if there is an error it probably wont detect it and fix it or throw it out like a human would if they saw a mistake. Although I think its speeding it up, they are also taking away jobs.

• its not slowing anything down its taking jobs from people and its teaching the younger genaration they dont need to do manual labor. All they have to do is put numbers in a computer it does it for them  in our parents generation you didnt get that option. You had to do it your self now days people are lazy to be honest i feel like we take away the technolgy in the workplace.

• I agree it is helping the younger genaration get better with technology.

• I think technology can help the workforce from slow to extremely productive amounts. However, human error is just a part of the workforce that we have to deal with and if no one is working and technology takes over, then no one would have anything to provide them money.

• I think that is helping the workforce in many ways then how it was way back when. Right now you can find technology to help in almost any situation you need help in. I think that technology will keep improving because we keep getting technology to help make better technology and that will allways happen.

• I think that technology is helping us get work done faster, but also reducing the need for human labor. We're able to get jobs done faster by using the self-checkouts in grocery stores, but we also need workers around to help when someone doesn't know how to scan something or if a barcode is missing. All in all, I think technology is helping us, but we still need to be around to help technology.

• I do not think that technology is slowing down the workforce, I think that it is helping the workforce.  There are many jobs that have people just for technology. I think that technology is improving the workforce and people have made millions of dollars and have a living just on technology.

• I agree business have people just to run the technology.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker